Damn I wish I had a camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Standard fare (smidsy, horn as retribution, left hooks) on the way home last night, but this morning's commute really made me wish I had a camera.

1. Police Car amber gambling (very badly), passing me in the ASL and running the lights. No flashy flashy. No neenarneenarrr.

2. Mum in 4x4 does close overtake, pushes through on a pedestrian crossing, then left hooks me by pulling *onto* the kerb with remaining wheels parked on the zig-zag of the next crossing. Whole thing happens outside a school, which she promptly decants a child to. Good job she's driving a tank. Those roads aren't safe....

What did you see today?

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Blimey Andy, still in one piece then!?

Not seen anything yet as not on the bike today so fairly uneventful.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Camera on today. Despite feeling very tired, did the long route in. Flew past two 'cyclists' climbing a 'motorway' bridge (any slight incline eh)...then chased down a roadie and another fixed road bike - got both just before I had to turn off........ crawled the last half mile though....totally spent....

No silly driving, surprisingly quiet as I left home 15 mins later than usual (knackered).

iLB

Hello there
i saw the light and hoovered my room before father arrives this afternoon, and later i will see the inside of the garage whilst on the turbo :smile:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Some plonker on a hair dryer overtook me (in a bus lane) just as the bus lane ends and cars move into our lane.. the dumb knob nearly got knocked of by a car changing lanes with out indicating.

I wish I'd had a camera fitted on Saturday. If you know the Lothian Road/ Princes Street approach it makes more sense as its changed a bit from Streetview , basically the two right turn lanes are now straight ahead (with the inside becoming an unmarked straight ahead left in the middle of the junction) and the bus lane ends a bit more abruptly becoming a marked left turn with the junction narrowed by a concrete block and there's usually a lot more traffic :smile:. I headed down Lothian Rd and just waited in the massive queue rather than undertaking in the Bus Lane that was also full and partly to avoid the conflict at Princes St (where it suddenly ends at a left turn only). After a bit a WVM was behind giving out swearing, horn, gesticulating etc that I should've been in the Bus Lane. With 3 or 4 cars immediately in front of me it wasn't like he could even go anywhere if I suddenly disappeared. His reaction would have funny to catch on film and the reactions of other folk who realised the irony and laughed.
When he caught me up 0.5 mile later he made sure I knew I had hurt his feelings (aww, I feel sorry for him) with a close overtake (when the outside lane was empty) before he hit more traffic. 3 miles later I might have seen him again, wasn't sure but he seemed to have calmed down. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom