Damn you Decathlon Surrey quays.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
image.jpg

In stock, ready to go, size 57 cm, noooooooooooo. Not again, no way, no siree Bob, ain't going to happen.

snorri

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3649444, member: 259"]Nice! Have they still got rubbish tyres on them?[/QUOTE]
Well, at least you can cycle a bit with rubbish tyres, without pedals you're walking:sad:.

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
[QUOTE 3649444, member: 259"]Nice! Have they still got rubbish tyres on them?[/QUOTE]
The tyres are Shoite, no problem I have a spare pair of decent tyres at home. If it means getting a Campag equipped Carbon bike, for sub 1500 quid, I'm not bothered about the tyres, they only have to last about 90 miles, that will get me home. The only thing that stopped me reaching for my wallet, was the fact it came with SL type pedals, my cleat equipped shoes are at home, I'm buggered if I'll ride 90 miles, on road , on flats, wearing a suit, and normal shoes, with no lid. However, should I return tomorrow, wearing full riding kit, with cleat equipped, shoes, and a lid, well, noooooooo, no no just no, not going to happen, nope, no way.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
saw one in the stockport branch yesterday. don't know how good the frame is, but a full campag athena groupset on a bike that price is a bargain. at the other end of the scale, the triban 300 is a very good bike for the money (£279)…

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
saw one in the stockport branch yesterday. don't know how good the frame is, but a full campag athena groupset on a bike that price is a bargain. at the other end of the scale, the triban 300 is a very good bike for the money (£279)…
I've only just bought the Triban 500 SE ( which is exceptional for the money) I actually had a really good poke around / short test run (on flats) around Surrey quays, on this. Be jeebus, it's a very nice piece of kit, it rides lovely, HOW MUCH??, REALLY??. They also have a 5800 105 (11 speed, compact up front) equipped version, with a newer design frame, for sub 1300 quid (I need to stop going into these places).

GGG

Regular
Triban bikes seem to get good reviews.

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
Right, but what about this 3rd one?
It's just about off the bloody hook. Other than the (relatively) crappy wheel set and tyres, I can't see where they've made any savings. They also had a Di2 Ultegra equipped version, with carbon rims, and that wasn't such a bargain, maybe that's the game (oversell the Di2 one, massively undersell the Campag equipped one).

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
It's just about off the bloody hook. Other than the (relatively) crappy wheel set and tyres, I can't see where they've made any savings. They also had a Di2 Ultegra equipped version, with carbon rims, and that wasn't such a bargain, maybe that's the game (oversell the Di2 one, massively undersell the Campag equipped one).
I'd be more concerned about what frame's like than anything else. They've added the chainset. Wheels and tyres are always the stuff where they scrimp and save. That makes sense with the tyres because they're pretty cheap to upgrade, and good wheels don't seem to come into packaged price deals IMO.

Top Bottom