Damn you tossers on the road and recycling bins

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I accidentally rammed my kid's pushchair into a massive 4x4 parked on the pavement by the children's playground. The owner was inside and came out absolutely hopping mad, it was funny as fark. He was accusing me of doing it deliberately and everything. Thing is, I had meant to get close to his car and yield as little of the pavement as possible, I just misjudged it a little. Does he really think I would purposely use my one year old child as a battering ram?

I hope it scratched the shoot out of his car, modern pushchairs are pretty solid things.
Ha, is the swear filter catching '4x4' now? That's funny.

Punkawallah

Über Member
Wait till you are riding to work on a wet stormy morning, and an industrial wheely bin (4 caster ones) comes flying into the road - that did wake me up. :whistle:
It wasn’t me, honest!

Brandane

Legendary Member
I know, if I pass that way again at a similar time & find that it's a regular thing I will take a pic & report it.
If you do, don't waste your time reporting it to the Police who, through no fault of their own, might do very little about it.

Take a photo of the car and also the green ADI (approved driving instructor) identification disc which should be displayed in the windscreen, bottom left where tax discs used to go. Then complain to the DVSA (driver and vehicle standards agency) who have a lot more practical clout over driving instructors than the Police do.
Edit to add... instructorconduct@dvsa.gov.uk

For similar reasons, complaints about HGV drivers should be directed to the area Traffic Commissioner. He or she is the one person feared by HGV drivers as they have the power to suspend licences for offences which the court system would take forever to deal with, and with less effect.

Last edited:

Brandane

Legendary Member
The roads would be a safer place if no one indicated, ever.
Try pulling a fully laden HGV onto a roundabout where no-one is indicating. It warms my urine when I approach a roundabout, see a car on the roundabout heading in my direction (so I stop), which then turns left without indicating... Had I known it was turning left I could have kept going. Think of all that diesel being burned unnecessarily to get 44 tonnes of HGV moving from a standing start. I thought you cared about the environment Mr Drago? 😄.
My urine also heads towards boiling point when a car turns right at a roundabout without indicating, when I have pulled said HGV onto the roundabout assuming car was going straight on. Before I get blasted for making assumptions, in the scenarios I have given, at a busy roundabout, one has to make certain assumptions or you would sit there all day trying to get on the roundabout.
So please, for my sanity, use proper indications at roundabouts, including a left indication when leaving the roundabout. It helps us all get through the day!
@Drago , I assume that in your past life you were taught how to drive properly, a la system of car control? :whistle:

Last edited:

icowden

Veteran
One thing I can’t stand about cycling at times are the peanuts on the road (drivers) who do not indicate, they are there for reason It should be second nature.

If it makes you feel better think of those poor men and women who have to fit them to BMWs knowing that they will never be used.... :whistle:

icowden

Veteran
On second thoughts I suspect not. If I see it again I will take a picture & report it. Surely driving instructors shouldn't be setting that sort of example.

The question is *where* to report it. I've been reporting serial pavement parkers and bad parking caused by the takeaways to Surrey CC but have had almost no response whatsoever. Do the Police care about this stuff?

Top Bottom