Damn you tossers on the road and recycling bins

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Justified_Sinner

Although with a broom handle and a bike it would be a great jousting game on a bike. Like giant skittles with bins!

I used to fence épée and so felt compelled to have an evening of bicycle jousting against other épéeistes! It was really dangerous. We never did it again. :ohmy:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
He always accidentally hits the wing mirror when cycling past. Doesn't sound like an accident to me? No different to those who accidentally close pass a cyclist to prove a point.

@winjim My posts aren't directed at you.

If the driver has obstructed it so badly that you have to squeeze through it’s likely mirrors will get knocked. But the driver would understand that.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I have a friend who has Cerebral palsy and relies totally on her motorised wheelchair. When inconsiderate d*cks park on pavements they give no thought to others who in her case is even more vulnerable as she has to bounce her chair off the kerb in to the road so some d*ck can take up the pavement for their convenience. If all they get is a mirror that needs adjusting when getting back in their car, oh dear, never mind.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
So you also advocate damaging someone car? There is nothing funny about it but it doesn't mean you can take the law into your own hands.
Since when is bumping a wing mirror "damaging"? They are designed to move. It will just mean the inconsiderate daffodil has to lean across and ping it back. Maybe they will realise why it happened and stop parking like a T but I doubt it. That's why I put yellow/black "PARKING NOTICE" tickets with Highway Code excerpts under their wiper.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Before I get blasted for making assumptions, in the scenarios I have given, at a busy roundabout, one has to make certain assumptions or you would sit there all day trying to get on the roundabout.
Isn't that the same justification used for close-passing? Any roundabout that far over its safe capacity should be replaced pronto.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I've always thought msm - mirror, signal, manoeuvre is in the wrong order.

When I was in London it was manoeuvre, brief glance in the mirror if you remembered, then a signal if you could be bothered.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Try pulling a fully laden HGV onto a roundabout where no-one is indicating. It warms my urine when I approach a roundabout, see a car on the roundabout heading in my direction (so I stop), which then turns left without indicating... Had I known it was turning left I could have kept going. Think of all that diesel being burned unnecessarily to get 44 tonnes of HGV moving from a standing start. I thought you cared about the environment Mr Drago? 😄.
My urine also heads towards boiling point when a car turns right at a roundabout without indicating, when I have pulled said HGV onto the roundabout assuming car was going straight on. Before I get blasted for making assumptions, in the scenarios I have given, at a busy roundabout, one has to make certain assumptions or you would sit there all day trying to get on the roundabout.
So please, for my sanity, use proper indications at roundabouts, including a left indication when leaving the roundabout. It helps us all get through the day!
@Drago , I assume that in your past life you were taught how to drive properly, a la system of car control? :whistle:

Took me a little while, when driving in France, to work out that drivers only indicate on roundabouts when they're leaving them. So, if you're approaching a rondpoint and turning right, you would not indicate until passing the exit before the one you intend to take, and then you'd be indicating to come off it.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
We used to get called to cars parked up or dumped on private property. While winking a lot id tell them that it wasn't a police matter, but if the vehicle should somehow mysteriously be dragged undamaged out onto the road while I was preoccupied filling in lots of paperwork, then the police or council would sucdenly be very interested.
When I was at Littlemill Distillery we used to have trouble when there was a launch at the nearby shipyard.
I got all sorts of excuses, the commonest being that they had permission from head office to park in our yard. Got flummoxed when I told them that I was head office.
If they left a car without being caught they found about 100 empty hogsheads blocking their exit. If they returned after stopping time there was nobody to help them get out and shifting a lot of hoggies with bare hands was no fun but they had to do it or abandon the car.:laugh:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
This is on a cycle path. How do I get past it on a bike as the ground either side is wet and now that I have a trike it would be impossible.
4DB91FC3-09F3-439B-A976-FEE1880E8158.jpeg

I know of someone whose friend was having an issue with an ignorant neighbour parking on their drive, so they got a few mates and a couple of big trolley jacks, and moved the offending vehicle sideways into the drive of the house it belonged to. There was a matter of inches between the bumpers and adjacent walls, so it was impossible to get it out without applying a similar tactic, and it was blocking the other vehicles in the property in.

They never had a problem again.

Top Bottom