Damn you tossers on the road and recycling bins

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
The question is *where* to report it. I've been reporting serial pavement parkers and bad parking caused by the takeaways to Surrey CC but have had almost no response whatsoever. Do the Police care about this stuff?
@Brandane had advice further up the thread.

My first thought would be to contact the driving school in my case. Don't know what you'd do if it was a private vehicle.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Try pulling a fully laden HGV onto a roundabout where no-one is indicating. It warms my urine when I approach a roundabout, see a car on the roundabout heading in my direction (so I stop), which then turns left without indicating... Had I known it was turning left I could have kept going. Think of all that diesel being burned unnecessarily to get 44 tonnes of HGV moving from a standing start.

I've never had opportunity to drive an HGV but that is one of the reasons I get so annoyed about the non-indicating drivers. HGVs and buses having to stop for no reason.

Badger_Boom

Über Member
Too many drivers seem to think that an indicator gives them some sort of right to turn. 'didn't you see my indicator' they yell, with seemingly no understanding that at best it's a signal of intent, that should only be used when it's safe to make the manoeuvre.
Sounds like bugbear of mortorway journeys, the signalmanouvre wherey they hit the flashers at the same moment as swerving into your lane.

Badger_Boom

Über Member
Sounds like bugbear of mortorway journeys, the signalmanouvre wherey they hit the flashers at the same moment as swerving into your lane.

Or steam straight out from a slip road, expecting everyone to move over, even though the slip road is a give way junction, designed to give those entering the opportunity to match their speed and file in to the traffic flowing on the main highway.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Let's hope this is a poor attempt at humour.
Exactly, He should be screaming like a maniac while hitting them with a hammer...

winjim

Smash the cistern
The farmer is in a world of hurt if that video is real.
It'll be interesting to see what action is taken. Shame we didn't see the buildup, I guess the argument has been going on for some time if the farmer's had time to go and get the forklift. It looks to me like the bloke with the phone was trying to call his bluff, only he wasn't bluffing.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Try pulling a fully laden HGV onto a roundabout where no-one is indicating. It warms my urine when I approach a roundabout, see a car on the roundabout heading in my direction (so I stop), which then turns left without indicating... Had I known it was turning left I could have kept going. Think of all that diesel being burned unnecessarily to get 44 tonnes of HGV moving from a standing start. I thought you cared about the environment Mr Drago? 😄.
My urine also heads towards boiling point when a car turns right at a roundabout without indicating, when I have pulled said HGV onto the roundabout assuming car was going straight on. Before I get blasted for making assumptions, in the scenarios I have given, at a busy roundabout, one has to make certain assumptions or you would sit there all day trying to get on the roundabout.
So please, for my sanity, use proper indications at roundabouts, including a left indication when leaving the roundabout. It helps us all get through the day!
@Drago , I assume that in your past life you were taught how to drive properly, a la system of car control? :whistle:
If I've seen it coming and the cab has got well past, i'm quite relaxed about a HGV pulling out from 12o'clock if I'm doing a right / 3rd exit from 6 O'clock to 3'oclock on a round about in busy traffic (obv I have indicated that too), I can slow down easily enough to miss the back end of the trailer.. As you say, otherwise you'd sit for hours. I also let buses pull out in front of me..:okay:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
It'll be interesting to see what action is taken. Shame we didn't see the buildup, I guess the argument has been going on for some time if the farmer's had time to go and get the forklift. It looks to me like the bloke with the phone was trying to call his bluff, only he wasn't bluffing.
very funny the presumed car driver kicking the forklift! Fully supportive as he pushed the car up the road, tipping it on its roof was probably a tad overdoing it:laugh:

Some of the build up and Police arrival is on other sites.

The claim is that the car is a hire car, and the driver and his mates had been proper pains in the arse, lighting fires and knocking walls down, as well as blocking the driveway. The guy called the Police, who couldn't attend at that time, so he rather lost it. In the post event clips, the car driver and his mates are laughing and mooning the coppers.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Or steam straight out from a slip road, expecting everyone to move over, even though the slip road is a give way junction, designed to give those entering the opportunity to match their speed and file in to the traffic flowing on the main highway.
Yep; that's another one of my HGV diving pet hates. Car comes charging up slip road to join motorway but I'm in lane 1 on cruise control at 55 mph.. If lane 2 is clear and it is safe to do so, I WILL move over to let joining traffic into lane 1 (and it would be nice if the car would then speed up and get away from me, rather than leave me stranded in lane 2, but I digress...); BUT if there is traffic in lane 2, i.e. on my offside which driver on the slip road cannot see, then obviously I won't be moving over. Car driver joining the motorway can then choose whether to speed up and get ahead; slow down and pull in behind; or drive into the side of my trailer. This is all assuming a reasonable flow of traffic at motorway speeds of course. Different rules apply at stop/start bumper to bumper stuff - I will always let joining traffic filter in; just don't try to take the P..

winjim

Smash the cistern
very funny the presumed car driver kicking the forklift! Fully supportive as he pushed the car up the road, tipping it on its roof was probably a tad overdoing it:laugh:
It'd would have been much better if he'd kept his cool and just moved it.

Top Bottom