Dangerous Dogs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
It's ok tho cos she's responsible and not one of these people she was slagging off. It was just having an "off day due to having a sore head, and someone was calling it names or something"
erm...firstly that was not my dog who bit a child so please get your facts right. secondly i am a responsible owner, i do not allow my dog near children, neither do i allow children to just stroll up to my dog and fuss her. Any dog can turn, and many dogs find this behaviour threatening. I always introduce my dog to people when she is under control , especially when they come in my house, and just as i don't allow my dog to just run up to people neither do i allow them to do the same to her. My family have always had dogs but we never leave them unsupervised with children, no matter how good they are.

and i pick up my dog poo before you ask!

DRHysted

Guru
The last dog that was officially mine (there are a multitude that think I own them due to the retraining that we do after people have screwed up and then discarded like unwanted Christmas presents), came to me after biting a child (no blood or mark, so really it was a snap). The child had stabbed the dog with a fork, so yes I'd own a dog that told a child to go away!
Over the years we have put down 3 dogs because they couldn't be retrained, and we have seen some pretty bad cases. One dog that came to us was snatched off a football field because it was being used as the ball, on examination he was covered in cigarette burns as well, he died of old age last year after a full second life.
Strangely it's people I have issues with, dogs offer you their hearts.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
I`ve got 2 bullmastiffs and 3 cats..i`d rather square go the bullmastiffs than the cats...I hate cats, never trust a cat, they think they own everything

Saluki

World class procrastinator
may i ask what you work as? just don't reply if you would rather not say publicly
Cheers Ed

I am a dog groomer and dog walker. I used to soley groom until about 4 years ago when I broke my arm so now I walk too. Even when just grooming I would take on all the dogs that had been banned from other groomers as they would behave for me. Half the time it was operator error. I have had owners slapping their dogs one while I have been working on them. I walk a lot of 'badly behaved' dogs which mostly need more exercise and a firm hand. My 'naughty' dogs are a lot better behaved since I have been walking them and imple.enting a bit of basic training. I train the owners too.

I have considered going down the trainer/behaviourist route but I am not sure that it really floats my boat. We live in such a litigeous country now and I know a lass who was sued when one of her client's dogs bit a child out walking with the owner. The court said that she had to pay out, even though she wasn't even in the county at the time. Blame the trainer eh!

Saluki

(not counting mine of course!)

Anyone watching this?? quite frankly, they should put the owners down, not the dogs.

i feel so sorry for these so called "dangerous" breeds. The only reason they get labelled dangerous is because the owners buy a certain type to train up as weapons.

as for anyone who abandons their pet, they should be made to live in their own sh*t and p*ss for a year.
I taped it on +1 and will have a look at it later. I saw the first 5 mins on +1 and think that the dog warden was a brave lass.

Saluki

We have just watched the programme on Sky +. It was really interesting. I thought that it was going to be one of those ranty programmes about how all dogs are killers blah blah blah so I was pleasantly suprised.
Wow, that dog warden lass has a good back bone. She was so calm, even when that bloke with the white staffy was kicking off at her. As for going back to work after that dog attack she was saying about! I have been badly bitten a few times but I've not been ragged by a Staffie. To go back to doing the same job after her attack says a lot about her wish to do the job.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
My Dad was a dog trainer and spent many days / weeks / years in court when the DDA came out supplying the courts with K9 behaviour information .
He past away quite a while ago now but left a couple of institutions in place to make sure the animal world gets a fair deal :thumbsup:

hobbitonabike

Formerly EbonyWillow
My children have been taught to never approach a dog without the permissiin of the owner and I hope they would know better than to stick their face or arm in a car. I certainly wouldn't blame the dog in that circumstance if it was my child. Unfortunately alot of people do not teach their children how to behave around dogs and some even instill fear by saying stupid things like look at the big scary doggy, don't go too close or he will bite you! I have had this when walking my boxer! Yes dogs are a domesticated wild animal so treat them as such...not as a toy or an object to own. Give them respect as a living creature and make sure you educate your children properly. It isn't hard.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Can someone tell me when the big scary doggie has gone please
hidesbehindsofa.gif

Top Bottom