Dating advice required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Herbie

Veteran
I 've been middle aged free and single for nearly a year now....today I was lucky enough to meet a lovely filly and plucked up the courage to ask for her number which amazingly she gave me quite willingly....my question is this and perhaps the lady cycle chatters could advise me...now that I have her number how long should I wait before calling or texting her?

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'm not into game playing. If you like her call her. I mean not right now, it's a bit late, but don't plot and plan for effect. Be yourself, and do what seems natural.

OP
OP
Herbie

Herbie

Veteran
I'm not into game playing. If you like her call her. I mean not right now, it's a bit late, but don't plot and plan for effect. Be yourself, and do what seems natural.

I.m not into games etc myself either just been out of the dating pond for such a long time and just needed some pointers....thanks

buggi

Bird Saviour
That's exactly what i was gonna say... "Filly"???? WTF???

wait about 24 hours. and then ask her for a date for the following weekend (ie not this weekend, it's too close, she won't have time to get an outfit together!). Don't get too pressurised to begin with. Arrange the date, tell her you will phone next wednesday to make sure she's alright to still meet, but she's welcome to phone you if she fancies a chat in the meantime. Don't forget to phone to confirm on Wednesday.

Don't text for first contact. bad manners.

Pick her up in your car if you can.

if she is wearing heels, remember, they hurt! if she's not but her shoes are pretty... don't be fooled, they will still hurt her after a couple of hours in them don't expect her to walk more than 50 yards between pub/restuarant unless she's wearing dr.martens. The less she walks, the longer she can wear her sexy shoes. If it is more than 50 yards... get a taxi.

if you haven't picked her up in your own car, make sure she gets a reputable cab home. don't hail one off the street unless its a black cab.

don't wait more than the 3rd date before you kiss her. she'll start to see you as a "friend" instead of a lover.

that's it from me.

redcard

Veteran

wait about 24 hours. and then ask her for a date for the following weekend (ie not this weekend, it's too close, she won't have time to get an outfit together!). Don't get too pressurised to begin with. Arrange the date, tell her you will phone next wednesday to make sure she's alright to still meet, but she's welcome to phone you if she fancies a chat in the meantime. Don't forget to phone to confirm on Wednesday.

if she is wearing heels, remember, they hurt! if she's not but her shoes are pretty... don't be fooled, they will still hurt her after a couple of hours in them don't expect her to walk more than 50 yards between pub/restuarant unless she's wearing dr.martens. The less she walks, the longer she can wear her sexy shoes. If it is more than 50 yards... get a taxi.

if you haven't picked her up in your own car, make sure she gets a reputable cab home. don't hail one off the street unless its a black cab.

don't wait more than the 3rd date before you kiss her. she'll start to see you as a "friend" instead of a lover.

that's it from me.

I dunno, but a lot of that sounds like it was lifted from a dating guide from the 1950s.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A week to 'get an outfit together' - blimey, doesn't she already own any clothes? :whistle:

As for high-heeled shoes ... I would suggest that she turn up wearing walking boots and to bring waterproofs, in case the weather turned nasty on our 10 mile hilly hike! :thumbsup:

Mind you - what do I know about this dating malarkey - I'm 2.5 years off 60 and still single! :laugh:

OP
OP
Herbie

Herbie

Veteran

that's it from me.

Blimey....a lot to take on board there....all good stuff and noted thanks....I was thinking about asking her out on a lunchtime date at first....bit less full on and not so stressful.....thoughts?

Jen5656

Agree, best not to text as messages can be misinterpreted and it is more personal.
She has given you her phone number so it's a good indication she is interested.

Good luck

TVC

Lunch date, excellent idea, no pressure on how long it should last, or how it might be expected to end.

Top Bottom