Dating advice required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
you phoned during soap hour???? rookie error. epic fail!!
No, it was during obscure Channel 4 comedy show hour(s) ...

This thread has reminded me why I gave up the struggle! ;)

Here's a video showing "an old time gentleman" bowerbird, building and decorating a wonderful nest to attempt to seduce a female bird.

The video clip finishes before the female arrives, but I watched the programme when it was first broadcast and was a bit dismayed by her response. She examined the nest while the male hopped about looking rather hopeful, but then she kind of shook her head as if to say "sorry, I'm not impressed" and flew off, leaving the male to continue as one of the lonely forest singletons! :cry:

buggi

Bird Saviour
Yes I see what you are getting at now.....but at the moment i'm not even thinking "bedroom" but I've been a gentleman with women I've been involved with... I hope this chap kept up his standards with you after your bedroom antics and getting his wicked way ?
yes he did and although I don't see him anymore, we do still speak occasionally and he's still my favourite ex, and probably the only one i haven't regretted for one reason or another. he's my benchmark. it's hard to go back to burger when you've had steak. as they say. if you think that's 1950s... take me back in time.

ThinAir

Do more.
I 've been middle aged free and single for nearly a year now....today I was lucky enough to meet a lovely filly and plucked up the courage to ask for her number which amazingly she gave me quite willingly....my question is this and perhaps the lady cycle chatters could advise me...now that I have her number how long should I wait before calling or texting her?

Hmmm lots of interesting responses on here.

If I've got a girls number from a night out, then usually, as a rule would wait four days before getting in touch. Doesn't make me seem too keen etc etc etc....

However, do what you feel comfortable with, do what feels right for you.

If you knew me on a personal level, you probably wouldn't accept this advice!

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Ask her what's for dinner and what time should you bring your washing round ? Also tell her you need to swing by your mates house to pick up some Rohypnols.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Be yourself, be honest

Don't get too wound up by it all, its just another human being you are asking to spend a few hours with you at this point, you are not deciding the rest of your life in a phone call, lunch, etc

If you think you would like to start with a lunch date phone her and ask when she is free and tell her what days you are free over the next week, decide on a day between you.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Hmmm, note that the women on here want a phone call, the men are copping out with a text.

This is why you asked women for advice, not men! trust us!

Depends on the woman! With anyone I don't know well, I'm much happier conversing by text. I really dislike phone calls (receiving or making them), with the exception of talking to NT, my Mum or my sister.

I think the lunchtime idea is good. NT and I first met up (arranged via PM here) at the Railway Museum, for lunch and an afternoon looking at trains, and then we had dinner out, all very relaxed as as mates rather than anything more - that became clear once we'd done the same thing a couple of times over some months. Of course, we already knew each other from here, but it was just the relaxed pace we needed.

Also, it meant I could wear the jeans, t-shirt and comfortable shoes that I prefer!

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Depends on the woman! With anyone I don't know well, I'm much happier conversing by text. I really dislike phone calls (receiving or making them), with the exception of talking to NT, my Mum or my sister.

I think the lunchtime idea is good. NT and I first met up (arranged via PM here) at the Railway Museum, for lunch and an afternoon looking at trains, and then we had dinner out, all very relaxed as as mates rather than anything more - that became clear once we'd done the same thing a couple of times over some months. Of course, we already knew each other from here, but it was just the relaxed pace we needed.

Also, it meant I could wear the jeans, t-shirt and comfortable shoes that I prefer!

I think when starting out phone calls are best. When you know each other better texts are fine but shouldn't replace a whole conversation. The problem with texting is that an innocent text can be taken completely the wrong way. At least with a phone call you can hear gauge the meaning of the comment better. Just my preference.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Such piffle written on here. As a veritable lothario myself, let me tell you that the surest way to a woman's heart is to bombard her with phone calls and texts RIGHT NOW! At least 50 a day so she knows she's appreciated. They like the persistent approach so disregard her initial negativity and plough right on. She'll love you for that. If you know where she lives, go and stand outside her house and if you have binoculars or a telescope, take them with you so you can thrill her by telling her what colour bra she wears and that you know what programmes she likes on TV. If you know motor vehicles, get under her car and disable a simple but crucial part so when it fails to start, hey presto, a knight in shining armour (you) appears and fixes it for the grateful lady.

Oh yes, the ladies love that approach so much, you will even get to deal with them on an official level!

Top Bottom