Dating advice required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Herbie

Herbie

Veteran
Have you rung her yet?

no but texted.....decided to wait a few days if no response...then play my final card by calling

gbb

Legendary Member
Yeah, I'm just weird perhaps. I find the phone quite stressful, I think I rely very much on visual cues when talking to someone, and my hearing is sometimes a bit 'timelagged' - it can take me a moment to process what someone has said. I think that's magnified on the phone.

I think in that lady's situation, I'd welcome a text saying "Hi, it's X, it was nice to meet you yesterday, can I call you to chat later?" Nothing to misinterpret, and it gives her the chance to say "Yes, fine!" or "Yes, around 8 is best" or something like that. Gives her a little bit more control.

But I know I'm not necessarily a good template for the average woman.

A bit OT Arch, but i get the 'time lag' thing...I so often miss the first few words someone says, I often say, sorry, just start that again. Not just me then......

My advice to OP, make sure you dont just talk about yourself....ive seen people do that and inavertently come across as self centred.

ayceejay

Guru
Anyway no 3 strikes, if she doesn't respond to your call delete her!
That's a tad Macbeth isn't it Jen in Bonnie Scotland?
Oh and BTW Herbie you may want to hone your speech when trying to pick up a bird as 'filly' and 'tits up' might not light her candle. Try the book aisle at Waitrose.

RWright

Guru
Nope. We kept well out of the way of the crocs and just held long poles to assist in guidence. Big things salties. Fast too.

That gave me a great idea for a first date (if I ever get one :blush:) The OP may want to consider it too!

I just discovered this today. I really do need to get out more. :rolleyes: I know this is the coolest thing I have seen in a while. Can't wait to see James Bond on one!

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
If you don't know, I can't tell you...

Arch

Married to Night Train
A bit OT Arch, but i get the 'time lag' thing...I so often miss the first few words someone says, I often say, sorry, just start that again. Not just me then......

I used to wonder if I was a bit deaf, but I've thought about it, and I think it just takes me time sometimes to get the meaning. Often by the end of the sentence, I've got it and caught up, so I can converse ok. I have a colleague who I think might have a similar thing, but he will often interrupt after a few words and query something. I try to talk really clearly when I speak to him, or I get irritated at repeating myself.

With regard to text v call, I got a call today from someone wanting to meet up with us over the weekend. But we were somewhere really noisy, so I couldn't hear him, or the voicemail he left, so I texted and asked him to text. This gave me time to take in his message, think about the best time, and reply, without straining to hear. Sometimes, a text is a really good way to communicate! Also, I didn't have to get embroiled in a lot of "Oh, hello, how are you, what are you doing' stuff, when I just wanted to watch what was going on (Tractor Pulling, as a matter of fact).

OP
OP
Herbie

Herbie

Veteran
That gave me a great idea for a first date (if I ever get one :blush:) The OP may want to consider it too!

I just discovered this today. I really do need to get out more. :rolleyes: I know this is the coolest thing I have seen in a while. Can't wait to see James Bond on one!

amazing

cd365

Guru
Anyway no 3 strikes, if she doesn't respond to your call delete her!

I would text her once more and if no response I would delete her. If you want to get into the dating scene do not be afraid to use Internet dating sites, you will get better/gain more confidence the more you try it.

pauldavid

Veteran
Oh, and make sure she's got her own teeth.

Or not. What ever floats boat really. Just sayin'

And money, make sure she's solvent. Not in a sticky way.

You'll never date a woman with teeth again when you've had a gum job!

Not that I know!

Dated a pensioneryou say, what me? NOOOOO never it wasn't me!

Top Bottom