Votes: 28 62.2%
  • What's a Dating Site?

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Swipe Left

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swipe Right

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Having been with the same woman since the late 1970s it hasn't been necessary, but my eldest daughter met her husband on one of them. I suspect her lifestyle at the time and because of work, moving from London, made it a convenient option.

That's exactly it. It's a convenient option. You get liars and chancers on there which gives the whole platform a bad name. I had no problems, but I'm a man. Lots of ladies I know had weirdos at best, or sometimes married men who were just looking for "benefits".

T4tomo

Legendary Member
That's exactly it. It's a convenient option. You get liars and chancers on there which gives the whole platform a bad name. I had no problems, but I'm a man. Lots of ladies I know had weirdos at best, or sometimes married men who were just looking for "benefits".

Indeed, and you get liars and chancers in the local pub club or whatever real life alternative. At least the majority of people on a dating site are looking to date, which helps the odds. You just have to go into it with your eyes open.

Jameshow

Veteran

By benefits do you mean UC, pip, or attendance allowance?

Please be a bit more specific....?!🤣

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Ideal match. He could give you stylish dressing tips, and you could help him build his body up a bit.

Thanks for suggesting I'm capable of giving stylish dressing tips!! :okay:

Though what do you mean 'build my body up a bit'!! :ohmy: I was once 'pumped up' and weighed 14 stone. I'm now slim, weighing 10.5 stones. I like being 'thin'! It's healthy and there aren't many of us about these days!!:whistle:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Just imagine how the poor woman will feel when you show up. :whistle:

She would be overcome with such emotion, she'd probably faint!!:whistle:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I have it on good authority that our Thin Accy does modelling jobs.Mind you they are pipe cleaning adverts.

Ok, nice confession time! About 1985 while working as a wine waiter in a 'posh' restaurant I was complimented on my 'slender, piano players fingers', while pouring this guest his wine. He said he was in the advertising game, as he called it. He then said I should apply to a modelling agency he knew of. Thinking he was gay and this agency would take my enrollment fee and not offer any work I said I'd think about it, but not really intending to take it further. The next time he came to the restaurant he asked if I'd enrolled. I told him no and told him why. He laughed and said he was indeed gay, but I was safe with him. Not only that but he said the agency would only take a fee off me after my first photo shoot. So I traveled to Manchester and did a hand shoot for GQ magazine! They also did some 'full body' photos. I don't know what came of the full body ones, but my hands were featured advertising watches and rings in if I remember rightly, 3 issues of GQ! I've tried to find back copies off those issues, but so far without success. I did keep the mags for many years, but they ended up in the attic of my/our former matrimonial home. They might still be there, but I doubt it as the former Mrs Accy will have binned them, if she found them.:rolleyes: My fee for those pics was If I remember rightly £500, which in those days was quite a lot and all I had to do was make my way to Manchester and all my travel fees, food etc was paid for. I should've carried on doing the work, but for some reason I didn't, but I can look back and say yes, I've featured in GQ!!!:becool: :okay:

Even if it was only my hands!!:whistle: ;)

Last edited:

sleuthey

Legendary Member
Anyone use them?
Only this one:

Screenshot_20230717-223258.jpg

I met mrs667 on one.

Went pretty well, I think! We've lived together for ten years now. It's a great way to meet someone.

You have to remember that none of it is real until you meet, so I had a rule - if I hadn't agreed to meet with someone two days after we started talking in person, I stopped messaging. Sounds pushy, but I told them I didn't want a penfriend. People appreciate honesty.

Top Bottom