Dating

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is the problem with all this that after a certain age people have unrealistically high expectations? Do they expect to meet younger, wealthier, faultless, better looking versions of the ones they have split up from?

Bigtallfatbloke

So Is it unrealisitc to expect to find fit 25 year old blonde women into cycle touring and tent shagging and overbulked middle aged skint blokes on 2 wheels with chain grease legs??...;):smile::biggrin:

Bigtallfatbloke said:
So Is it unrealisitc to expect to find fit 25 year old blonde women into cycle touring and tent shagging and overbulked middle aged skint blokes on 2 wheels with chain grease legs??...;):smile::biggrin:

Yes - be prepared to settle for something vaguely female and possessing a pulse.

domtyler

Über Member
red_tom said:
Soooo, following on from this thread, what's changed in the last 10 years then? I'm not looking to do anything in the immediate future but I'd like a well informed toe when I decide to dip it back into the water... ;)

Is internet dating full of loonies? Is speed dating a mugs game? Is my dancing now considered crap? Is red hair still a massive handicap?

I married a red head and my daughter has a beautiful head of red hair that attracts comments everywhere we take her so there is definitely hope for you red tom! :smile:

domtyler said:
Ahh, the voice of experience! ;)

It saves disappointment and makes for long and contented relationships. :smile:

If on the other hand you are looking for the following characteristics:

Under 30, stupendous looks, extremely rich, extraordinary sexual skills, keen on cycling, loves you as you are and doesn't want to change you, high sex drive and totally besotted with you - then you are doomed to disappointment.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Patrick Stevens said:
If on the other hand you are looking for the following characteristics:Under 30, stupendous looks, extremely rich, extraordinary sexual skills, keen on cycling, loves you as you are and doesn't want to change you, high sex drive and totally besotted with you - then you are doomed to disappointment.
I'd settle for 31... we all need to make compromises in life. ;)

Keith Oates

Janner
Patrick Stevens said:
It saves disappointment and makes for long and contented relationships. :ohmy:

If on the other hand you are looking for the following characteristics:

Under 30, stupendous looks, extremely rich, extraordinary sexual skills, keen on cycling, loves you as you are and doesn't want to change you, high sex drive and totally besotted with you - then you are doomed to disappointment.

When did you meet my latest girl friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Night Train

Maker of Things
I am currently chatting to someone who seems to quite like me and my quirky sense of humour. She is the same age as me and comes across as really quite nice. She looks far better then some of the younger ones on the site and is able to hold her own in conversation so far.

I'm not actively trying to 'chat up' just chat and see it feels right.

Top Bottom