David Beckham is not

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Oh, but you have to worship feverishly at the altar of 'David and Victoria'....otherwise in this celeb-obsessed day and age you are tarred as a loner-wierdo

He's not but he's put a hell of a lot of effort into ensuring there is an Olympics here in London and for that I do not begrudge him his recognition for his contribution

OP
OP
Nearly there

Nearly there

Veteran
He's not but he's put a hell of a lot of effort into ensuring there is an Olympics here in London and for that I do not begrudge him his recognition for his contribution
I acknowledge that but its anything for his profile he has to get his face in everything.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Amen to that brother.

Ah, but then we'll have another 4 years of public adulation for all the medalists, and then, there will be the build up to the next games with all the same medalists being looked at constantly to see if they can do the same again.

Roll on 2017!

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
Well, he's a damn sight better than Billy from Eastenders carrying the torch, I'll give you that!

The other morning on BBC Breakfast (no longer Breakfast News I notice), they were saying how they were in a studio overlooking the Olympic Park for the next few weeks. The presenter was pointing out the stadium, the sculpture thing and so on, and then said something along the lines of "Over in that direction is Walford, where the torch will be later today"

No. Just no. Get back to telling me the news please. No wonder some people think Eastenders is real... :angry:

172traindriver

Legendary Member
As for Beckham I always think is is the stick insect at his side that craves the attention now that she is a nobody.
She uses him for the attention he receives and the poor lad isn't the sharpest tool.

yello

Every time I see his photo, I can't help but thinking 'twonk'.

I'm sure he has done a great deal of work for the games (off the back of who he is) and so he deserves acknowledgement for that.

I read that he is/was to discuss world hunger with David Cameron.... I slept easily knowing the resolution was imminent.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Every time I see his photo, I can't help but thinking 'twonk'.

I'm sure he has done a great deal of work for the games (off the back of who he is) and so he deserves acknowledgement for that.

I read that he is/was to discuss world hunger with David Cameron.... I slept easily knowing the resolution was imminent.

Well he's never going to suffer that fate, given his millions, but closer to home and at his side, she may be an advert for hunger!

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
I don't care a sh1t, I'll be glad when it's all over
As I don't live in London the inconvenience to me is minimal but at least now its finally happening. We can just sit down and watch some people who have worked very hard for years to prepare, have their moment in the spotlight. I at least have more respect for the athletes than I do for footballers who we get 24/7 the rest of the time. The football is the only bit I will be turning off deliberately.

Top Bottom