David Byrne is still cool.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
He looks like the guy from Talking Heads...is he?

Abitrary

I'm not going to read that link, but he is cool in the sense that I have a misplaced sense of respect towards him.

Maz

Guru
Flying_Monkey said:
is he? of course he fricking is! :tongue:

and yes, he is cooler than anyone here has ever dreamed that they could be. :blush:
I did doubt it, as there was no reference to Talking Heads in the article.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Maz said:
I did doubt it, as there was no reference to Talking Heads in the article.

He's done so much more than that since, that's why - he's a solo musician, has run one of the most innovative record labels in the world, is an amazing artist, campaigner and all-round genius and good guy.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Abitrary said:
david byrne is cool in the same way as german architecture is 'cool'.

If I'm honest, I can't stand either.

That sounds superficially clever, but doesn't make any sense when you read it twice... so what are you one tonight then, Abitrary? :blush:

Abitrary

Flying_Monkey said:
That sounds superficially clever, but doesn't make any sense when you read it twice... so what are you one tonight then, Abitrary? :blush:

couple of pints after work... I've just slapped myself around the wrist.

Might tuck into a very expensive bottle of chardonnay viognier later.

You ever thought about becoming a social worker, FM?

Mr Pig

I wouldn't matter what shape they made cycle racks in my area. After the first Friday night they would be a different shape anyway!

The only way they can safely erect sculpture round here is to make it so huge that even neds can't break it.

giant_bike.jpg

And David Byrne is cool.

Abitrary

Mr Pig said:
And David Byrne is cool.

No he's not. He's shoot. His band were shoot as well. Most overrated shite ever, and any band deserving of the title 'godmothers of art rock' need winkling.

You however, mr pig...

The coolest scottish poster on here. But you have no competition.

You must endeavour to make the other scottish posters as cool as you. Noodley's ok, snorri has his moments, but the rest are shite-arse boring.

Top Bottom