David Cameron told off for "not wearing helmet"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

downfader said:
Not quite as clear cut as that. It was one study with a hypothesis at the end. Its never even been properly peer reviewed. :becool: So dont take that too literally.

The study was published in Accident Analysis and Prevention (39 (2007) 417–425). That's a peer reviewed journal isn't it?

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
User3143 said:
So he should of been - HELMETS SAVE LIVES

If you are a tank commander...

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Delftse Post said:
The study was published in Accident Analysis and Prevention (39 (2007) 417–425). That's a peer reviewed journal isn't it?

I think publication is one step away from the review process. Its simply been presented. I could be wrong (my brother has presented things that have been published in scientific journals as part of a team)

Normal practise for a technical journal is that there is a panel of experts - in the weighty ones it is sometimes a two tier process - on the editorial commitee who vet papers for publication - You can present anything at a conference if it is relavant, is accepted, and you have the nerve - there are usually plenty of people sitting out front who are well capable and will highlight any shortcoming at the end of your presentation

BSRU

A Human Being
psmiffy said:
Because you do not think it would work or because being blond does not suit you?
The problem would be when the driver went past me and saw my ugly mug they may become confused hence loose concentration.

psmiffy said:
Normal practise for a technical journal is that there is a panel of experts - in the weighty ones it is sometimes a two tier process - on the editorial commitee who vet papers for publication - You can present anything at a conference if it is relavant, is accepted, and you have the nerve - there are usually plenty of people sitting out front who are well capable and will highlight any shortcoming at the end of your presentation

But....

Only Pro helmet peer reviewed articles count, apparently all those who question helmets in the same journals are invalid and irrelevant

Top Bottom