Dawes Diploma

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
wheresthetorch

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
Yep. I've got one of those. Same brand. It survived exactly one ride (the ride home!) before being replaced, currently with a fully sprung Lycett clone that cost me £4. I'd recommend it as a good upgrade.

Thanks for the tip. Having seen the price of used Brooks saddles :eek: I'll have a look at Lycett.

OP
OP
wheresthetorch

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
Slow progress as funds allow, but new Dawes saddle and grips in situ.
20160701_103001.jpg

OP
OP
wheresthetorch

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
I like most of what you've done with it, but I dislike metal pedals. The originals were more my sort of thing, letting me wear sneakers without holing my sole.

Yes, fair comment. I'm sort of aiming for the 'sporty gentleman's tourer' look, and they seemed to fit. But to be honest, I'm making it up as I go along!

Thinking shiny pump and canvas tool bag next. Also need a classic style water bottle - handlebar or down tube mounted, do you think?

OP
OP
wheresthetorch

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
Has to be handlebar-mounted for such a bike, doesn't it? And as close to the stem as possible.

Yes, I was thinking something like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331645083319

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
OP
OP
wheresthetorch

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
Nope. I had some of those around so tried it. They're about 4-6mm too wide for most drinks bottles I've seen.

I've seen a comment somewhere about glueing the ends of the cork, drilling it, then cutting the glue off... that's my next attack...

Let us know how you get on!

Top Bottom