Dawes Kingpin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ren531

Über Member
Pulled this out of a skip a couple of years ago, its in almost perfect condition, not done anything with it yet. Its a Peugeot.

Attachments

• IMG-20211010-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20211010-WA0001.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 16

tyred

Legendary Member
Nice bike:becool:

I love small wheelers. I have a Twenty, a MKI Moulton, a Puch Picnic and a Brompton. I would like to add a Kingpin to my collection.

ren531

Über Member
If I recall correctly they are 22 inch wheels arn’t they?

I had to get a new back tyre for it and I don't remember the size but it was about 22 inch and obsolete but found a new old stock one so slightly bigger than the usual 20 inch tyre fitted to folders.
I have put it away as a future project for now.

I know there is not many on here with an affection for old shopper bikes, but i will post it anyhow.

picked up a 1975 Dawes Kingpin that had been in storage since 1985, got it from a guy that restores morris minors and minis, it came to him as part of a lock up clearance that he bought, its had its first clean up in a long time today, all original apart from I had to put new tubes in, I think the matching blue grips and outer cables look good, I am sure @EltonFrog will approve of the colour, only thing to sort out is the toggle chain is solid , no movement whatsoever. currently drowned the hub with plus gas. it will be staying all original, heres a coule of pics.
View attachment 661382

View attachment 661384

View attachment 661385

That is lovely. I want one or two!!

OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
That is lovely. I want one or two!!

Get yourself one, usually find them on market place etc for around £30 to £40 , clean and regrease and robert is your mothers brother:okay:

Top Bottom