Day 5 - this is the last track day - spoiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
yello said:
Is it fair to be critical of the Madison result?
I was merely pointing out that it's the sole miscalculation that BC have made - they've been otherwise totally flawless... which I suppose is why you notice it. And, yes, as I said earlier, the Madison is an event for which you can't control all the variables... so there is no 'blame' at all. We've had fantastic games in terms of cycling.

wafflycat

There was a BBC interview with Jason Kenny and then Chris Hoy came on too. Chris Hoy was so generous and gracious towards Jason Kenny and the youngster's future prospects. What a true gentleman of sport Hoy was.

Renard

CH is the man, just saw him getting the medal and BTW he is a really great guy IRL. Well pleased for him!

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
we can be proud of the whole cycling team. hoy is as fine an ambassador for our sport as we'll get. hope he gets a shot of at least one more gold in 2012, although by then i suspect young mr kenny will be our top track sprinter.

yello

Flying_Monkey said:
I was merely pointing out that it's the sole miscalculation.

No need to be defensive as I wasn't aware that you had said anything! My comment was inspired by the beeb's remark.

Rob S

A great week for us....apparently the only member of our track team that didn't get a medal was Mark Cavendish....all pretty awesome stuff.

Let's hope we do something similar in 2012 and all the Worlds in between!!

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Cavendish may have come home without a gold, but for my money he is Britains most successful cyclist this year. The Olympics may be the event of the moment, but in the world of pro cycling four TdF stage wins knock any number of golds into a cocked hat.

I bet that will be reflected salary wise by a multiple factor.

Top Bottom