Days are drawing out....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Falsesummat

I'm with oldhippy. Wake up, whew made it! :smile:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Thanks. I see that, but I am talking about the time between clock-changing dates and the winter solstice.
to give us more 'summer' (BST) days than 'winter' (or GMT). No reason it should be equal really.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
I don't get the shortest day thing. I prefer to note the date when the sun sets later, so I can tell myself the evenings are getting longer. It's December 7 or 8.

Alex321

Veteran
Thanks. I see that, but I am talking about the time between clock-changing dates and the winter solstice.

That is because the clocks don't change until over a month after the Autumn equinox, but they change no more than than a 9 days after the Spring Equinox.

So by the time the clocks go back in October, daytimes have already been shorter than 12 hours for over a month, while they have only been longer than 12 hours for about a week or so when the clocks go forward in March.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Jamaican Woodbine? What is that? If it is a dope reference I've not heard it before but no I am not.

mustang1

Legendary Member
noticeably lighter this morning. Or this evening
Those insects that only live for a day, or was it three days, whatever, well they will notice it. Actually IDK if those insects are around in winter.

Top Bottom