dear bus driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
You've got to remember that bus companies are becoming less and less pleasant places to work with more brutal hiring and firing policies, attacks on unions or driver organization. What you end up with in many places is a groups of very stressed and highly pressured people who are doing a valuable community service but are actively hated by many car drivers - cyclists should do all they can to be nice to bus drivers IMHO. It's in all our interests.

None of this means there aren't some bastards driving buses...

I got a wee bit of a fright the other day when a bus on a narrow road decided to pull along parallel to me & stop, maybe he was going to overtake but some passenger rung his bell at the last minute. Anyway as I passed his door he gestured that he saw me and I should continue before he opened the doors:becool:.
Completely separate most buses seem to wait before overtaking and then give me more room than some cars can on the same section of road/ conditions.
IME most bus drivers are good although there are some bad eggs out there. I've a colleague who's in to buses and tells me that some companies (First) are more tied by schedules and are more likely to be in a rush/ do something stupid than Lothian for example, thats no excuse but IME is true.

Briggo

nethalus said:
Its because these days no one respects the poor old bus. Sometimes you have to force your way out, or sit there for ages.
I know one bus driver who decided to wait and see what happens. He sat there with his righthand indicator on and counted 38 vehicles passing him before someone finally let him out!

Wow a whole 38 cars, thats shocking!

/sarcasm off.

domd1979

Veteran
Personally, I'd let the first two or three cars off, and the other 35 cars would be going straight to the crusher since the drivers evidently can't read the highway code. Car drivers not letting buses out really irritates me.

I find bus drivers here to be on the whole pretty considerate in terms of leaving plenty of room.

Briggo said:
Wow a whole 38 cars, thats shocking!

/sarcasm off.

col

Legendary Member
I got a wee bit of a fright the other day when a bus on a narrow road decided to pull along parallel to me & stop, maybe he was going to overtake but some passenger rung his bell at the last minute. Anyway as I passed his door he gestured that he saw me and I should continue before he opened the doors.

What a sensible solution,to what can be a dangerous one,i take it you did carry on with out any problems?

col said:
I got a wee bit of a fright the other day when a bus on a narrow road decided to pull along parallel to me & stop, maybe he was going to overtake but some passenger rung his bell at the last minute. Anyway as I passed his door he gestured that he saw me and I should continue before he opened the doors.

What a sensible solution,to what can be a dangerous one,i take it you did carry on with out any problems?

That's right

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Heh! I had a fantastic series of bus driver experiences this weekend, with nearly all overtaking well, or holding back patiently. Only one muppet overtook inappropriately and pulled into the bus stop directly ahead, but even including that it was still far better than the average of car drivers.

BentMikey said:
Heh! I had a fantastic series of bus driver experiences this weekend, with nearly all overtaking well, or holding back patiently. Only one muppet overtook inappropriately and pulled into the bus stop directly ahead, but even including that it was still far better than the average of car drivers.

Obviously none of them frequent bloodbus then....;);)

nethalus said:
What you got against those on Bloodbus??;)

It was a joke, nethalus. (Notice the smileys)

However, just look at the response I got when I posted my avanto post. Basically just abuse, despite the fact that I was pointing out that you had another troll on the web site who was spreading lies (most of them about me and one particular video). Your posts about me have been reasonable, but the majority of posts from others have been abusive, threatening, and downright ignorant. How can anyone on there suggest I am a liar! I may be a lot of things, but a liar is not one of them. As paramedic/hamster has demonstrated, lies have a tendency to bite back.

A forum is only as good as the members who post on it, so I suppose that is what I have against bloodbus. Just imagine of you came on here and people suggested they wanted to kill you (knock you off your bike), call you names (very childish), make abusive comments about you, suggest that you were a drink driver, spread lies about the effects of your videos etc. Would you not think this was horrible place?

It would appear that a certain Mr Mckay in a similar fashion to paramedic et al, led an online double life. Look at his friendly posts on here (sanoffhighstepson) and compare them to what he wrote about me as hamsters4breekie. Despite this, and despite the fact that I have pointed this out, to the benefit of your forum I receive the abuse.

I can categorically say that now that I have said my final bit (which, despite what The Driver has said, he agreed I could do, but by deregistering me, I could not as magnatom) I will not be posting on their again.

nethalus

magnatom said:
It was a joke, nethalus. (Notice the smileys)

However, just look at the response I got when I posted my avanto post. Basically just abuse, despite the fact that I was pointing out that you had another troll on the web site who was spreading lies (most of them about me and one particular video). Your posts about me have been reasonable, but the majority of posts from others have been abusive, threatening, and downright ignorant. How can anyone on there suggest I am a liar! I may be a lot of things, but a liar is not one of them. As paramedic/hamster has demonstrated, lies have a tendency to bite back.

A forum is only as good as the members who post on it, so I suppose that is what I have against bloodbus. Just imagine of you came on here and people suggested they wanted to kill you (knock you off your bike), call you names (very childish), make abusive comments about you, suggest that you were a drink driver, spread lies about the effects of your videos etc. Would you not think this was horrible place?

It would appear that a certain Mr Mckay in a similar fashion to paramedic et al, led an online double life. Look at his friendly posts on here (sanoffhighstepson) and compare them to what he wrote about me as hamsters4breekie. Despite this, and despite the fact that I have pointed this out, to the benefit of your forum I receive the abuse.

I can categorically say that now that I have said my final bit (which, despite what The Driver has said, he agreed I could do, but by deregistering me, I could not as magnatom) I will not be posting on their again.

Actually I remember last year there were about 6 pages on here of people saying that I should be sacked from my job, that I was fat and ugly etc simply because I made a silly comment on one of your videos!!!

nethalus said:
Actually I remember last year there were about 6 pages on here of people saying that I should be sacked from my job, that I was fat and ugly etc simply because I made a silly comment on one of your videos!!!

I think you will find that there were one or two people on those 6 pages saying that and the rest were being far more reasonable. In fact I remember people chastising those making the derogatory comments.

On bloodbus the reasonable comments are very much in the minority. Go and read some of the threads on bloodbus. Imagine you were magnatom and try and see it from my perspective.

Also, what abuse are you receiving on here now? Very little if any.

sanoffyhighstepson

Just for the record!

Hi,
Just incase Magnatom doesnt display my e-mails to him I feel this needs cleared up..
I am Mark McKay,the sacked First bus driver for videos about neds.I was also in The Sun newspaper back in February.
I have a Youtube account with the same username of sanoffyhighstepson and a website mckaysclassicfiesta.weebly.com.
There has been a lot of crap on here of late suggesting I am a troll or I am connected with hamsters4breekie,my wifes picture,and other stuff too.
The truth is that I KNOW the person who is hamsters4breekie.I used to work with him at First and was close friends with him but i dont see him as much now after I got sacked in February.The truth is he done a lot of stuff I done.Christ,he even bought Montego after I got one!!!!
I now work as a coach driver with Stagecoach in Blochairn,feel free to google and see if that comes up too!!!!
Unfortunately,what everyone seems to be missing out on is the fact that I am also having little fibs being told about me on bloodbus and that Magnatom is not the only one.
Bloodbus is a pathetic rag that doesnt deserve webspace.On this particular site I am portrayed as a succesfull business person who is providing well for his family.
ASSUMPTION!!!!
I TRIED to start my own business but fell flat on my arse when the bank would not grant me a simple business account,I could not progress any further than an idea,and so got a job with Stagecoach.
Where do these guys from cyclechat and bloodbus get their information and why do they feel it is necessary to create a fantasy world?

Top Bottom