dear bus driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trillian

your bus now has a dint in the back end from that cyclist you pulled out infront of in the wet,

he was traveling at 20mph, he did brake as hard as he could, he didn't enjoy it that much

no, he nor his bike were hurt or damaged, thank you for caring.

buggi

Bird Saviour
hope you reported it!

OP
OP
T

Trillian

nope, didn't get the plate either time

even if i'd spotted it, i'd not have remembered - can't even remember the plate of my dad's car which I spent 3 years of my life driving!

bonj2

They have a button on the back for engine stop. You should press it if anything like that happens.

OP
OP
T

Trillian

they're hidden under the engine flaps on this type of bus,

besides, It was only a low speed impact (i'd managed to slow down enough)
was more annoying than anything else.

the emergency engine stops hurt passengers when used while a bus is in motion, i've been on a bus when it's happened.

U

User482

Bokonon said:
There does seem to be an increasing trend for buses to start pulling out and then indicate.

I suppose it's inevitable, given that so many cars refuse to let them out. As ever, we cyclists are the innocent casualty of this conflict.

MERV

Bokonon said:
There does seem to be an increasing trend for buses to start pulling out and then indicate.

Or they indicate then pull out five minutes later.
2jakw0g.gif

Mr.Kipling

The ones down our way wait a few seconds then force cars to let them out. Sometimes having honking battles with the cars` horns

They do at least try and leave room for cyclists though, even if it is only cos the MD and main training bloke are keen cyclists (if apparently a bit wobbly)

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Well I've had some superb bus drivers this week. One held back in the inside lane and signalled me to go ahead of him, and many others holding back patiently, or overtaking well.

Evilcat

I got left hooked by a bus driver yesterday pulling into a bus stop in front of me: he had taken exception to my maintaining primary at the Kew Bridge lights and just _had_ to get past me to a bus stop 40m down the road despite my getting up to cruising speed of 25mph. No injury, but I had to unclip and ended up falling sideways onto the roadway.

The driver didn't much like my taking his picture and that of his numberplate with my phone: furious letter now on its way to the company. London bus drivers really are terrible these days.

EC

nethalus

Mr.Kipling said:
The ones down our way wait a few seconds then force cars to let them out. Sometimes having honking battles with the cars` horns

They do at least try and leave room for cyclists though, even if it is only cos the MD and main training bloke are keen cyclists (if apparently a bit wobbly)

Its because these days no one respects the poor old bus. Sometimes you have to force your way out, or sit there for ages.
I know one bus driver who decided to wait and see what happens. He sat there with his righthand indicator on and counted 38 vehicles passing him before someone finally let him out!

Top Bottom