death

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pete

Condolences from me too. Don't feel any regrets or remorse about posting here on this forum, that's what it's here for: it's for posting good things and for posting not-so-good things. Things to share, things for people to exchange their thoughts on. Death will come to us all: some will be prepared for it, some won't. What else can I say? There have been both sorts in my family. My father's death was sudden, just like your friend's. My mother's was not. That is death: just a part of life.

Remember your friend for what he was in life.

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
Thanks again all, I'm really touched by the good vibes ( if I can use that 60's expression) coming out of here! I've been thinking about the whole thing tonight - its really wierd - If I can just trample over some taboo's for a moment - when you parents die, its dreadful obviously but more often than not you're in a ralationship and have a partner to fall back on and kids to take priority: when your on your 70' and 80's ( as many of the old chaps at my local are, they discuss it as a fact of life ( sorry but you know what I mean) cos they've lost partners/ friends/family etc. and it seems to holds no fear, its on the cards. It seems that its the death of peope in between, who still think they're immortal and are still making plans for the future that brings you down to earth with a bump. Anyway no more ramblings, tomorrows another day and this won't get the baby washed. The sun might even come out and maybe I'll get a ride on the bike before spring.

col

Legendary Member
Very sorry to hear of your loss,its a terrible shock,when its sudden,my thoughts are with you and yours.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Yeah, I'm with Dave and others too. If it helps to 'talk', then do.

Condolences to you, and to his wife. I've found that in situations like this, you look for the positives, no matter how small - better a quick death than to linger on for years, aware of your state, in pain... Had it been the other way, one might say "well, at least we had time to prepare..."

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Count me in on the condolences bobg, I lost a very good friend(only in his 30's)two years ago. He contracted MRSA while in a coma, awful way to go.
Friends are irreplaceable but as has been said before me, maintaining their memory keeps the essence of our friends alive.
You need feel no shame for wanting to discuss your grief.

Best Wishes,

T x

Top Bottom