1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decathlon B'TWIN Hoptown 320 Folding Bike

Discussion in 'Folding Bikes' started by Julia9054, 7 Jan 2017.

Tags:
  1. Julia9054

Julia9054 Über Member

Thinking of buying a cheap folder for occasional trips around York. Looks good value for £179. Anyone got one? What are they like?

2. SpuddyJones

SpuddyJones New Member

I've been looking at these too so will be interested to see if anyone has owned one.

Edit: Just seen this https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/decathlon-or-other-cheaper-folders.117328/

3. Julia9054

Julia9054 Über Member

Thanks @SpuddyJones . Have just read through the thread and it seems to get good reviews. I am potentially looking at a lot of hospital appointments and thought that using park and ride and cycling the 2.5 miles to the hospital might be a good option for keeping me sane!

4. Racing roadkill

Racing roadkill Veteran

The hinges are a bit flexible, cornering can be 'interesting' but if you want a budget folder, they are pretty good.

5. e-rider

e-rider crappy member

I'm looking at buying a folder but my budget is around £500 so I haven't considered a BTWIN. I note though tha the cost is £180 - during my search I've seen many bikes from Dahon and Tern at just over £300 on Jan sale right now - I'm thinking that could be £120 extra well spent?

6. chriscross1966

chriscross1966 Active Member

There's a guy who uses the same bus route as me with a BTWIN who I see if I catch a slightly earlier bus than usual. We get off at the same stop so I get to see him unfold it... If I wait a while... It's very clumsy when folded cos nothing locks it shut. His POV is that if it lasts him 2 years he'll have saved up enough for a decent S/H Brompton...