Decathlon clothing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigMeatball

In general, is it any good?

Surely on the cheaper side, but I quite like their plain no frills design.

On the site I've seen they have a few brands (Triban, Btwin, Van Rysel, Rockrider,....). All the same quality or one is better than the others?

Stompier

It's good value and the quality is decent.

steverob

Guru
I do like Decathlon clothing, but the only thing I'd say about it, is to not get too attached to one particular item, as they have a habit of "re-inventing" their ranges on a very frequent basis and you might find can no longer get the items you had bought just a few months previously.

As an example, they used to have three types of (road) cycling shorts, the 100, 500 and 900, with the higher numbers offering better quality materials and padding. I absolutely loved the 900 ones - possibly the most comfortable shorts I'd ever used over longer distances - and so went back with the intention of stocking up on multiple pairs. Only to find that they now only do the 100 and 500.

It seems they scrapped the 900 and chose to improve the 500 instead - it has padding more like the old 900, but rest of the material is similar to the old 500. At the same time they also seem to have changed the sizing - I was a large, but am now an XL apparently, despite being the same weight, yet at the same time the straps for the bib shorts version seem shorter than before (my old large ones didn't cut into my shoulders like the new XL ones do).

At the end of the day it's not a huge issue - the shorts are still pretty good quality, especially for the price, but I've heard this story from other customers before about other items in their range - just as you get used to one thing, they re-design it or change it for something else for no clear reason on quite a regular basis, so just be aware of that.

vickster

Legendary Member
Their women's clothes are tiny (even XXL), don't know about the men's. Try before buy (bit like Wiggle's DHB)

I think Van Rysel is their team kit w@nker range?

Julia9054

Guru
Their women's clothes are tiny (even XXL), don't know about the men's. Try before buy (bit like Wiggle's DHB)

I think Van Rysel is their team kit w@nker range?
DHB fit is weird. Made for women with skinny arms and legs. It's a shame because I love the designs but can't get anything to fit.
I swear by Decathlon's sports bras. £7.99 - how good is that?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I've bought all kinds of stuff there, and have been quite happy with it.

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
DHB fit is weird. Made for women with skinny arms and legs. It's a shame because I love the designs but can't get anything to fit.
I swear by Decathlon's sports bras. £7.99 - how good is that?
I find DHB really generous, none of the skinny racer fit stuff from many brands fits me at all. My arms and thighs are very solid, anything but skinny. I get DHB may not be long enough for tall cyclists, but I'm short so it's lovely that everything isn't hanging off me once it's wide enough.

vickster

Legendary Member
I find DHB really generous, none of the skinny racer fit stuff from many brands fits me at all. My arms and thighs are very solid, anything but skinny. I get DHB may not be long enough for tall cyclists, but I'm short so it's lovely that everything isn't hanging off me once it's wide enough.
Or anyone over a normal UK size 14 :sad:

Julia9054

Guru
I am not tall! I am short and slim with (clearly) chonky arms and legs:laugh:

Levo-Lon

Guru
I got some boots from them, trainer type boot.
15 quid, brilliant ,good value and lightweight.
I use them for work and garden tinkering

OP
OP
BigMeatball

BigMeatball

OK, went in a decathlon to try out some stuff.

The quality looks and feels pretty good for the price.

Can definitely confirm that the van rysel products are the top end line and you can very much tell. Details look better, stitching and zippers feel more sturdy.

The fit is alright. Not perfect, but alright. I tried on a few winter jackets and found the sleeves to be a bit on the long side.

BUT! I also remember watching a YouTube video about winter cycling kit (I think it was on the GCN channel) and they were saying longer sleeves are OK and are like that for a reason.

Top Bottom