Decathlon clothing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
BigMeatball

BigMeatball

There should be a size guide. With chest and hip measurements?
Same size chart for both jackets, which is what tricked me.

Update: I bought 2 winter jackets and a pair of socks from decathlon online.

Both jackets are van rysel branded, both are the same size and yet one fits perfectly even with my merino base layer underneath, but the other is so tight that I can't even zip it up. How can 2 items of the same size have such a different fit?

Anyways, I can return the one that doesn't fit and I'm pretty happy with the one that does fit, it feels warm but light; overall quality of the jacket is very good for the price. Can't wait to try it out over the weekend.

The pair of socks was never in the package. I have contacted the customer service already, they've been extremely helpful and have already issued a new order for the missing item. Very good customer service, I'm so impressed actually :okay:
The Kit ( particularly the VR stuff ) is usually fantastic bang for the buck. I have had one or two instances of a size Small, being sent, with a size Medium label on it. That’s probably what’s happened there, the wrong label has been stitched onto the wrong jacket.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I've really only got one gripe with Decathlon.

Most of you probably don't notice so much, but when you're somewhat erm, undertall, and they only do troosers in a single leg length... :cry:

It's fine for stuff that I can take up or simply fold over, but when you can't do that, it's just so frustrating. :banghead:

Yup. Same here.
I wanted a pair of winter weight walking trousers to ride in :whistle: but in my waist size I'd had to have been 6ft tall. Couldn't turn them up either because of the gubbins at the bottom to adjust for shoe/ankle fit.
Had the same issue with some bib tights. Theirs are sized for anorexic stick insects.

OP
OP
BigMeatball

BigMeatball

You like riding around in black at this time of the year then? Okay.
I like riding around in black at this time of the year. And at any other time of the year. I like riding around in black, period.

Yup. Same here.
I wanted a pair of winter weight walking trousers to ride in :whistle: but in my waist size I'd had to have been 6ft tall. Couldn't turn them up either because of the gubbins at the bottom to adjust for shoe/ankle fit.
Had the same issue with some bib tights. Theirs are sized for anorexic stick insects.

Can't say for bibs as I don't ride in them, but yeah, anorexic stick insects is about right...

They only do ladies trousers in a 31 inch inside leg. :angry: Actually, it's probably one of the ways they keep their costs down, as otherwise you'd need a different pattern for each different leg length, plus there'd be the extra fabric wastage... Fortunately, I'm a dab hand with a sewing machine, but it's still rather frustrating.

vickster

Legendary Member
Can't say for bibs as I don't ride in them, but yeah, anorexic stick insects is about right...

They only do ladies trousers in a 31 inch inside leg. :angry: Actually, it's probably one of the ways they keep their costs down, as otherwise you'd need a different pattern for each different leg length, plus there'd be the extra fabric wastage... Fortunately, I'm a dab hand with a sewing machine, but it's still rather frustrating.
31 inch, would be flapping around my ankles if not above :whistle: At least you could take them up, they don’t give 2-3 inches of seam to let them down for us taller souls!

Oxford Dave

Are their shop prices the same as those on their website? I hadn't heard of them before reading this, but now I can see that there is a store just off the 420 into Oxford from our direction, so will pop in next week. Annoyingly, drove past it yesterday without realising!

vickster

Legendary Member
Should be. Although I think they can sometimes have further in store reductions on clearance stuff. You can check stock in your store online but if it says they have just one or two, I’d maybe expect them not to have (like any in store stock checker)

Oxford Dave

I popped into the Oxford branch late this afternoon - after a browse through the cycle clothing section I tried a few things on, and ended up buying some 'tights' and a decent jacket. Everything I tried on was labelled as XL and they fitted me fine, but the one bought were all the same brand 'Triban'. I'll road test them tomorrow!

figbat

Slippery scientist
I’m a regular in the Oxford one, not only for cycling but my kids’ sports needs (rugby, hockey, swimming, equestrian), the wife’s running and fitness stuff plus they have some camping and outdoors kit. In desperation I have ventured into Sports Direct next door but am always disappointed compared to the usual good experience in Decathlon.

Top Bottom