Decathlon clothing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
OK, went in a decathlon to try out some stuff.

The quality looks and feels pretty good for the price.

Can definitely confirm that the van rysel products are the top end line and you can very much tell. Details look better, stitching and zippers feel more sturdy.

The fit is alright. Not perfect, but alright. I tried on a few winter jackets and found the sleeves to be a bit on the long side.

BUT! I also remember watching a YouTube video about winter cycling kit (I think it was on the GCN channel) and they were saying longer sleeves are OK and are like that for a reason.
Yes, so when you stretch forwards and they ride up a bit, your wrists are covered and they don't go all the way up to your elbows!

What did you buy?

OP
OP
BigMeatball

BigMeatball

Yes, so when you stretch forwards and they ride up a bit, your wrists are covered and they don't go all the way up to your elbows!

What did you buy?

I only bought a pair of winter socks :tongue:

The winter jacket I wanted, they only had it in fluorescent yellow. Now that I know the fit and size, I'll buy a black one online

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I've had the BTwin winter jacket (the black / neon blue one) for about 3 years and it's excellent, lovely and long in the sleeves which is definitely a positive. I also have the matching gloves and some Decathlon Roubaix tights and they're great too.

The majority of my kit is from Decathlon - the rest is mostly Altura bought off the Halfords sale rail.

No complaints about the Decathlon stuff at all, it's mostly excellent vfm. The top of the range winter jacket I bought more than 3 years ago is still going strong, though the winter tights are wearing a bit around the seat. Mind, they were the cheap ones - the pricier options have zips on the ankles, I'm a bit of a shortarse and I have no desire to look like Nora Batty... :laugh:

The 100 range is ok, but I've found that the jerseys get very stinky very quickly, and that the thin fabric on the shorts makes the pad migrate, leading to chafing. Better to spend a bit more if you can. However, I've found their 500 range mountain bike 3/4 tights and the baggy shorts very durable.

Winter jackets need long sleeves - it's not just the reach thing, it's also that you want to be able to pull the sleeves over the cuffs of your gloves.

And yes, I've done the "multiple buy" thing with things that I like - MTB shorts, MTB tights, mitts, fleeces and skiing base layers... :blush:

Gunk

Guru
We have a Decathlon just around the corner from where we live and I’m a big fan, their stuff is great quality and brilliant value for money.

I’m sure most of it is made in the same Chinese factories as the fancy branded stuff.

Stompier

I’m sure most of it is made in the same Chinese factories as the fancy branded stuff.

It may well be, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's made from the same materials, or made to the same design/production standards. Still decent-enough kit though.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Find myself spending a fair bit of cash in Decathlon, handy as its right next door to work but the clothing is good VFM, albeit sizing is on the smaller side. I just bought some bike tools last week and have to say well made and reasonable price.

OP
OP
BigMeatball

BigMeatball

Find myself spending a fair bit of cash in Decathlon, handy as its right next door to work but the clothing is good VFM...

Yes, I totally agree. Having a Decathlon nearby is great because not all the products/sizes are available in store so you can just buy them online, pick them up at the store and return them if you don't like them. 365 day return policy is good. On the other side, there's a high risk of you ending up spending a wee fortune haha

I hate to think how much money I've spent in Decathlon since I was pointed that way by the good folks of CC three and a bit years ago... :surrender: At least I can blame you lot. :laugh:

On the flip side, it's not just cycling stuff I get in there, it's stuff that I wear day to day, like their half-zip fleeces and their seamless and wicking ladies' running briefs. Bought the latter to wear while cycling in ordinary clothing to avoid the chafing / sweaty undies issue, but they're so damn comfy, I now wear them all the time.

Gunk

Guru
I also find they’re really competitive for consumables such as cables, rim tape, inner tubes, bar tape etc. Usually cheaper than eBay.

ozboz

Guru
I have bought Equestrian stuff for my GF, as she is on the ,let’s say tiny size , it is one outlet that sell ‘tiny woman’ sizes , the jodhpurs are excellent quality , also base layers and yard boots, for myself I got a torque wrench ,the cycling stuff appears to be sorted , for the price, thumbs up from me

I've really only got one gripe with Decathlon.

Most of you probably don't notice so much, but when you're somewhat erm, undertall, and they only do troosers in a single leg length... :cry:

It's fine for stuff that I can take up or simply fold over, but when you can't do that, it's just so frustrating. :banghead:

OP
OP
BigMeatball

BigMeatball

Update: I bought 2 winter jackets and a pair of socks from decathlon online.

Both jackets are van rysel branded, both are the same size and yet one fits perfectly even with my merino base layer underneath, but the other is so tight that I can't even zip it up. How can 2 items of the same size have such a different fit?

Anyways, I can return the one that doesn't fit and I'm pretty happy with the one that does fit, it feels warm but light; overall quality of the jacket is very good for the price. Can't wait to try it out over the weekend.

The pair of socks was never in the package. I have contacted the customer service already, they've been extremely helpful and have already issued a new order for the missing item. Very good customer service, I'm so impressed actually :okay:

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Update: I bought 2 winter jackets and a pair of socks from decathlon online.

Both jackets are van rysel branded, both are the same size and yet one fits perfectly even with my merino base layer underneath, but the other is so tight that I can't even zip it up. How can 2 items of the same size have such a different fit?

Anyways, I can return the one that doesn't fit and I'm pretty happy with the one that does fit, it feels warm but light; overall quality of the jacket is very good for the price. Can't wait to try it out over the weekend.

The pair of socks was never in the package. I have contacted the customer service already, they've been extremely helpful and have already issued a new order for the missing item. Very good customer service, I'm so impressed actually :okay:
Easily. Race or form vs relaxed or standard fit (or similar descriptions concocted by the marketeers)

OP
OP
BigMeatball

BigMeatball

OK cool, so now judging by the 2 jackets I bought I can say that racer fit is equivalent to regular fit minus 2 sizes (racer L = regular S)

Top Bottom