Decathlon's new site

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Its either really confusing or im being stupid, or both but i dont like it :smile:

Apart from them having moved things around and changed the site navigation, I cant see how youre meant to order anything. Usually the "click here to buy" is really prominent, but theres just a "buy in store" bit of text that isnt a hyperlink to a test-ride or reserve or anything.

Incidentally, Im looking at either http://www.decathlon.co.uk/rockrider-51-c1-2011-id_8167116.html or http://www.decathlon.co.uk/24-rockrider-52-id_8189426.html for my nephew. Hes 9 1/2 and 144cm so im wondering if he could squeeze onto the XS 26" (145-155cm) - isnt the 10cm height range quite conservative? Mail order would be a little bit of a gamble on sizing i guess (im not worried about it being set up fully), but theres not really a Decathlon anywhere near here yet. I already get comments of "theres some kids bikes in tescos" when i suggest driving up to Brum :rolleyes:

(sorry if this post has ended up veering more towards the kit forums than general)

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Its as bad as their stores... Nothing i want ever has a price on. Im sick of waiting to find an assistant, they have to find a terminal to log onto, then wait while the computer starts up to get a price. Almost glad i didnt get the job when the wednesbury store opened.

musa

Über Member
problems here too i search for something click on it and it takes me back to the home page.don't bother best going in store or order both and return

ohnovino

Large Member
Looks pretty unfinished to me. I need new bottle cages and they don't seem to have any on the site; in fact, the entire "hydration" section is empty.

OP
OP
MrJamie

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Its mad losing your online sales for so much time and looks like theyre working on the site daily, for such a big chain its unbelievable they dont build the site offline and then have a quick 30mins downtime to launch the new site.

I went to email them about some conflicting info, but the contact page didnt work and im fairly sure the 2 bikes I was looking at have gone up £20 in price since last week. An extra £70 for the front suspension version with alu frame (same weight overall) is too silly for me, but he would have really liked it.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Meanwhile I've been into both the Bolton store and the Stockport store in the last 10 days and have been thoroughly impressed with the staff there. Bought a Triban 3 for Gti junior last night and talked a mate into buying a Triban 5 and the store staff couldn't have been more helpful, more patient or better informed about the products.

subaqua

What’s the point
Meanwhile I've been into both the Bolton store and the Stockport store in the last 10 days and have been thoroughly impressed with the staff there. Bought a Triban 3 for Gti junior last night and talked a mate into buying a Triban 5 and the store staff couldn't have been more helpful, more patient or better informed about the products.

which is worth 10 times a good web front end. I am hoping to get to surrey quays store tomorrow to lok at the riverside 7 as my new commuting machine

Top Bottom