Decent hybrid?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stuarttunstall

I have a Scott Sub Cross 10 which I purchased two years ago, love it. plenty of gears which are useful on the hills around here ...

May be out of you budget though

https://www.scott-sports.com/gb/en/product/scott-sub-cross-10-men-bike?article=274903007

OP
OP
RichardB

RichardB

Slightly retro
I'd keep the Amazon, a bit heavy, but would make a half decent tourer with a few mods. :smile:
Oh, I won't be selling that! I've had it nearly 30 years and it's been all around France with me, plus its market value is about the same as a used tissue. I gave it V-brakes, new wheels and new cables last year, so I'm bringing it out of retirement for a while. It'll be good to use it again. For a 90s mid-market MTB, it's a comfy ride and I still like its looks.

OP
OP
RichardB

RichardB

Slightly retro
I'm 182 cm or 5'11½". That looks a nice bike, have to say. It's pushing the budget, but maybe I can lie shamelessly to the better half. It's an XL, but might be doable. Will look further, thanks.
I have a Scott Sub Cross 10 which I purchased two years ago, love it. plenty of gears which are useful on the hills around here ...

May be out of you budget though

https://www.scott-sports.com/gb/en/product/scott-sub-cross-10-men-bike?article=274903007
Their sizing app recommends an L, which is of course 'out of stock' :sad: It was pretty much out of budget anyway, but thanks.

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm 182 cm or 5'11½". That looks a nice bike, have to say. It's pushing the budget, but maybe I can lie shamelessly to the better half. It's an XL, but might be doable. Will look further, thanks.

Their sizing app recommends an L, which is of course 'out of stock' :sad: It was pretty much out of budget anyway, but thanks.
This chap bought the XL Whyte at just over 6ft
They’ve sold another this week (to a 6ft lady) so check stock
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/advice-on-a-new-hybrid-bike-please-£500-£700-budget.260095/

stuarttunstall

No problem, I guessed it would be more than you wanted to pay.... I am 6'2" and I have an XL which seems good for me

OP
OP
RichardB

RichardB

Slightly retro
"Live on the Yorkshire Wolds - Ride the country lanes around the village.. Love it! "
Whereabouts? I lived for a while near Beverley and loved the lanes around the village, and beyond. I used to commute on a Carlton Corsair into Hull every day. 16 hilly miles each way. I even did one winter on fixed. I was fitter then!

OP
OP
RichardB

RichardB

Slightly retro
Well, I could be really interested in this one. Problem is, it's collect only, from Banbury or Bicester. I am in West Wales and we've been locked down and made to stay home. Even next week we are only allowed to go 5 miles from our front door. Police stopping people and turning them back. I doubt if "I'm picking up a new bike" would be considered a valid reason!
I'll have to see how things go, but the bike looks a prospect. Thanks.

stuarttunstall

"Live on the Yorkshire Wolds - Ride the country lanes around the village.. Love it! "
Whereabouts? I lived for a while near Beverley and loved the lanes around the village, and beyond. I used to commute on a Carlton Corsair into Hull every day. 16 hilly miles each way. I even did one winter on fixed. I was fitter then!

I live in Thixendale and ride around the country lanes, nice quiet, just the wildlife and birds singing its great :smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
Well, I could be really interested in this one. Problem is, it's collect only, from Banbury or Bicester. I am in West Wales and we've been locked down and made to stay home. Even next week we are only allowed to go 5 miles from our front door. Police stopping people and turning them back. I doubt if "I'm picking up a new bike" would be considered a valid reason!
I'll have to see how things go, but the bike looks a prospect. Thanks.
That’s very odd. Gives me the option to deliver, unless I’m missing something? It just says it may take a bit longer than usual

Attachments

• 684598D5-990A-4E26-B261-6D14BBEAEE9A.png
    684598D5-990A-4E26-B261-6D14BBEAEE9A.png
    39.8 KB · Views: 3
  • FC4DD357-F331-4E63-ABA7-0E07B77D97BF.png
    FC4DD357-F331-4E63-ABA7-0E07B77D97BF.png
    53.8 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP
RichardB

RichardB

Slightly retro
That’s very odd. Gives me the option to deliver, unless I’m missing something? It just says it may take a bit longer than usual
I’ll have another look, but I’m sure it said that deliveries were suspended for the time being, and collect from one of the stores only. I’ll see. Thanks.

vickster

Legendary Member
I’ll have another look, but I’m sure it said that deliveries were suspended for the time being, and collect from one of the stores only. I’ll see. Thanks.

Attachments

• 8FE10C24-ACF6-4CF5-8BDE-3305436D0CBA.png
    8FE10C24-ACF6-4CF5-8BDE-3305436D0CBA.png
    129.3 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP
RichardB

RichardB

Slightly retro
Thank you. I must have missed that somehow. I’ll have a think.

Did 20 miles on the old Raleigh Amazon today in the glorious sunshine. Riding well. Perhaps I don’t need a new bike after all. 😂🔥

Top Bottom