Decent waterproof winter gloves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lpjr

Hello, I use these Sealskinz in winter, Link which I find quite adequate, however, I do not really suffer from cold hands. I did find these which may be warmer, Link.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I want some which are a) waterproof b) thin and not designed for arctic conditions. Any pointers?

Latex gloves - the ones that nurses use.

Seriously though, I find my Aldi £3.99 ones perfect. Their only shortcoming was in January when temperatures plummetted below -5C, meaning cycling windchill made it more like -15C.

Other than that they've been exemplary.

OP
OP
iendicott

iendicott

Hello, I use these Sealskinz in winter, Link which I find quite adequate, however, I do not really suffer from cold hands. I did find these which may be warmer, Link.

I do use seal skinz winter socks and they are fine so the second link should fit the bill, I do have some liner gloves as mentioned for extra toastyness....

Many Thanks

L.E.D.

Noticed Mountain Warehouse were doing a buy one pair get another pair free deal , when i went in there saturday. Could try in a local one if there's one near you. They had a wide range to pick from so you could get two different pairs for varying conditions.

jimboalee

I want some which are a) waterproof b) thin and not designed for arctic conditions. Any pointers?

Seriously though, I find my Aldi £3.99 ones perfect. Their only shortcoming was in January when temperatures plummetted below -5C, meaning cycling windchill made it more like -15C.

Thinsulate lined wooly gloves from Wilkinsons. When it rains, latex medical gloves over, as per Moodyman.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Sealskinz are one of the better ones I have found but eventually they get wet and the winter ones are fairly warm though I still put a liner glove in them (having hands made of icicles in wintertime.

battered

Guru
I do a lot of winter mountaineering. Forget having dry hands, that's not important. Warmth is. Hie thee to a mountaineering shop for some fleecy types for when it's cool, and if it's cold I have my ice climbing secret weapons. Decathlon neoprene gloves for watersports. They cost next to nowt, about a tenner, and you can immerse your hands in icy water for weeks without discomfort. Winter mountaineering is hideously cold and tough, and I used to suffer agonies until a mate told me the neoprene trick. You will never look back. Trust me. The only downside is that they don't wear too well, but on a bike that's not a big deal as you aren't swinging ice axes and wrestling in ice screws.

Bayerd

Über Member

metoo.

I used the Aldi gloves all last winter, I think there were about 2 mornings where I thought 'can I get some thin ones to go under these?' then my hands warmed up from the warmer blood finally reaching them. They're certainly good enough for up to an hour, after that, I wouldn't know......

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I do a lot of winter mountaineering. Forget having dry hands, that's not important. Warmth is. Hie thee to a mountaineering shop for some fleecy types for when it's cool, and if it's cold I have my ice climbing secret weapons. Decathlon neoprene gloves for watersports. They cost next to nowt, about a tenner, and you can immerse your hands in icy water for weeks without discomfort. Winter mountaineering is hideously cold and tough, and I used to suffer agonies until a mate told me the neoprene trick. You will never look back. Trust me. The only downside is that they don't wear too well, but on a bike that's not a big deal as you aren't swinging ice axes and wrestling in ice screws.

A sound rationale. But I'm only on the folding bike for 2km every day. I don't like wet hands. Pathetic I know.

On cold dry days when I ride the safety bicycle 13 miles in I have gloves that do the job.

CharlesF

Guru
After a lot of reading reviews, comments, etc, I bought a pair of Sealskinz All Weather Cycle Gloves and they are no good in a Scottish downpour, hands were sopping wet

snorri

Legendary Member
The Lidl cycling gloves are the bees knees, I've been wearing the same pair for several winters now and just recently bought a spare pair. You just have to keep a sharp eye out for when they are in stock.

Top Bottom