Decision made.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Snow is a superb opportunity to practice certain skills, and a bloody good workout!
As a committed FWB, it might sound strange but I quite enjoy riding in the snow! As long as it's fresh snow which hasn't been compacted into ice, and doesn't have frozen ruts in it which tend to direct your front wheel away from the line you want it to go. I use Schwalbe spiked tyres for snow riding which makes things a lot easier.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Calling all senior cyclists, how do you cope with winter time and cycling?

Ah, ok, I'm a bit too young then ^_^

Riding a bike in the rain proves nothing except a lack of mechanical sympathy for the moving components of your bike.
Pffffhh! GT85 and chain oil will sort it, are you made of carbon? :tongue:
Snow is a superb opportunity to practice certain skills, and a bloody good workout!
Oh, yes, an old MB, some Schwalbe ice spikers, appropriate clothing and footwear, being on the bike in snow is so much fun!

D

Deleted member 1258

I'm only a youngster of 64 but I'm a all year round rider, always have been, I didn't ride this morning in the snow, I'm retired now and can pick my days out, if I'd still been working I'd have been out this morning, I normally only stop riding when its not physically possible to ride.

Sharky

Guru
Was a couple of years ago, when we had heavy snow in Kent, at the club run meeting place-

image.jpeg

Me on the left, but must admit, there was only the two of us and we rode straight back home.

It rained pretty hard and was cold here last week on our club-ride day. I wasn't expecting many to be out as we are all retired - and thus able to ride weekdays. Three of our 80+ guys appeared and several women too. We had a pleasant 27 miles, though it did stop after a bit and the sun came out. Probably should have been a mudguards day, but I wasn't sure about the bottom bracket on my mudguards bike, so I took the Bianchi. Wipe-clean plastic, you see.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
It's been -15C most of the day here, I ride indoors when it's below 0C, due to black ice and other hazards, as well as people not expecting nor looking for cyclists on the roads. I don't mind riding at lower temps, but by the time the sun has come out, that would be Spring.

Top Bottom