Deeped fried Mars Bar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I think they'll be better than deep fried cod roe!

"What is a cod roe?
Roe (/roʊ/) or hard roe is the fully ripe internal egg masses in the ovaries:ohmy: :eek:xx(, or the released external egg masses of fish and certain marine animals, such as shrimp, scallop and sea urchins. As a seafood, roe is used both as a cooked ingredient in many dishes and as a raw ingredient."

Tracy

I think they'll be better than deep fried cod roe!

"What is a cod roe?
Roe (/roʊ/) or hard roe is the fully ripe internal egg masses in the ovaries:ohmy: :eek:xx(, or the released external egg masses of fish and certain marine animals, such as shrimp, scallop and sea urchins. As a seafood, roe is used both as a cooked ingredient in many dishes and as a raw ingredient."

D

Deleted member 26715

Just top bantz innit? After all we jocks are all bitter, obese alkies with nothing to do but listen to the Proclaimers while comparing tartans.
I'm glad you agree with us all :boxing::boxing: :hello: :laugh::laugh:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I don't know how you Scots keep eating them.
Adopted Scot here, been working in catering for 35 years, never seen one, not for sale nor in any place I've worked ... it must be a myth :laugh:
As a seafood, roe is used both as a cooked ingredient in many dishes and as a raw ingredient."
Ohh, Taramasalada! :hungry:

PK99

Legendary Member
Deep fried pizza is nice - I had it once in Moffat. They also sold a variety of other things you could have in batter.

"But the cost to your health might be the highest price you pay for eating it.

Dietitian Lesley Reid, from Glasgow, estimated the calories per pizza at 3000.

She added: “The salt content alone is about 10g, not including the salt they add. The recommendation for salt intake is 6g daily."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/move-over-deep-fried-mars-11963472

Dave7

Legendary Member
Like AndyRM says, we don't.

I have never met a Scot who has had one, nor seen one for sale in a chippy (and I get a fish supper every Thursday night).
It's a myth become reality elsewhere.
I always thought it was a myth....until I called into a chip shop in Fort William and it was on the menu.

Top Bottom