Deeside Loop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

themightyw

Looks like it could be a stunning day for it. Really looking forward to it, though perhaps not the safest ride to choose for my first 100+ miler... :biggrin:

It won't be fast, and it won't be pretty, but it will be fun :biggrin:

Ohhhh serious question - I really don't know those roads. Reckon I should bring my triple alu bike along rather than my carbon compact?

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

themightyw said:
Looks like it could be a stunning day for it. Really looking forward to it, though perhaps not the safest ride to choose for my first 100+ miler... xx(

It won't be fast, and it won't be pretty, but it will be fun :smile:

Yep, looks good. :becool:

It'll be the first 200 for a few people (and my first for a while) so I reckon we could get a good wee group together of more experienced steady riders and first-timers...all captured on camera :tongue:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
it was too good an opportunity I am afraid :becool:xx(.

Having never met eck (yet), I am scared now :smile: - is there a "I'm shaking in my boots" smiley somewhere?

Seriously, have a great day out everybody! I'll be thinking of you enjoying the sunshine and the "undulations" of Deeside ... haven't been up that way for a while :tongue:

T

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Imagine Ernie Wise, without the humour :becool::laugh:xx(:laugh:

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

That was tough, where did the torrential downpour come from! The forecast was for sun, sun, sun....thanks to eck for loaning me a showerproof jacket, otherwise I'd have had to go home to get one and I'd probably taken the chance to go back to bed!

Still, it got nicer as the day progressed and the last wind assisted leg down Glen Isla was fun.

themightyw

Cracking day out, and my longest ride to date by about 50 miles (thanks to my entirelyintentionalscenicdetouraroundforfar. Cairn O'Mount was hell, Glen Shee a slog, but worth it all - last 40 miles or so flew by in comparison.

Not sure if anyone knows the lovely guys on the tandem, but I owe them a drink for:

a) Giving an impressive shout out when I missed a turn
:ohmy: Apparently finding my brevet card.

Hugely appreciated.

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

themightyw said:
a) Giving an impressive shout out when I missed a turn

Left turn at AA Box on the descent?

I bet that must count as one of AUK most often missed turns :ohmy:

Top Bottom