Defacing the national flag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
It's a marker, I suppose, in the same way that certain brands of car are.

You see it, you think, hmm, best be a bit (more) careful here, and mostly everything turns out ok.

tyred

Legendary Member
ChrisKH said:
Car drivers with combined usage, however, should be shot at birth. :ohmy:

Did you drive a car at birth? A fast learner.

Mark_Robson

What next?
ban red noses on red nose day, Xmas lights and kids dressed as vampires?
There's just no excuse for people trying to get into the mood and showing a little support for their team.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
BigonaBianchi said:
I confess..yesterday my car was adorned with two flags...am ashamed of my chavvyness..but **** it, this is the world cup:biggrin::laugh::sad::laugh:

Nooooo!!!:smile::ohmy::ohmy:

Actually, they are quite handy - I use the flags to mark out the drivers who are most likely to do something completely idiotic. ( I'm sure of course you are an honorable exception to this rule of thumb Mr BB)! Had a few close passes by some flag wavers today. I did wonder if you can rip'em off easily- anyone tried yet?

tiswas-steve

Über Member
I,ve just brought one of the Endura England cycling jersey,s ...... can I be classified a IN-GER-LAND yob or just an all round good egg cos I wear it on a bike ?

Maz

Guru
I've had an England flag attached to the loop of my saddle bag since April 23rd. Didn't bother to take it off.

Makes me extra noticeable on the road, too!

mangaman

John the Monkey said:
It's a marker, I suppose, in the same way that certain brands of car are.

You see it, you think, hmm, best be a bit (more) careful here, and mostly everything turns out ok.

No it's not.

You a buy a car for at least a few years generally.

A few people put flags out for a few weeks of the world's most populqr sporting event and a load of CCers get a fit of the vapours.

Come on everyone. it's hardly the end of the world - it's not even the middle of the world - or even an issue.

Most people in the entire world like football - can't you have a little tollerance of a few flags for a few weeks - it'll pass and you can go back to you're flag-free lives without anyone being hurt.

Maz

Guru
mangaman said:
No it's not.

You a buy a car for at least a few years generally.

A few people put flags out for a few weeks of the world's most populqr sporting event and a load of CCers get a fit of the vapours.

Come on everyone. it's hardly the end of the world - it's not even the middle of the world - or even an issue.

Most people in the entire world like football - can't you have a little tollerance of a few flags for a few weeks - it'll pass and you can go back to you're flag-free lives without anyone being hurt.
Wel said, that man. A bit of tolerance is called for.
What about those cyclists on recumbents and kiddy trailers with flags on them all year round? Ooh, they really get my goat! :biggrin::smile:

Top Bottom