Defacing the national flag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Mark_Robson said:
What next?
ban red noses on red nose day, Xmas lights and kids dressed as vampires?
There's just no excuse for people trying to get into the mood and showing a little support for their team.

If you'll indulge my scroogishness, I would say a qualified yes to all of those:

a. Red nose day just seems like an annual excuse for Tracy and Kylie from Accounts to be a complete pain in the arse as they go round pestering everybody with their collection bucket.

b. Xmas lights, as in an American style chav-fest all over the front of the house ... well banning's too good. The owners should be shot, the bodies made homeless and the house given to somebody with taste.

c. Kids dressed as vampires: more US-style bollocks on Halloween which we could do without.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Andy in Sig said:
If you'll indulge my scroogishness, I would say a qualified yes to all of those:

And today's award for grumpy old man goes to ............... :ohmy:

I can't see why people are getting so worked up about a few flags. It will all be over soon anyway.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
mangaman said:
No it's not.
I take your point, but our experiences on our commutes will necessarily shape our views - small hatches, old (as in pre 2000) people carriers, and yes, even those flags tend to indicate a problematic vehicle on some parts of my commute. I'm careful anyway, but when I see those, I watch more carefully still.

If your commute has lots of cars with flags driven by extremely careful and considerate people, you'd probably have a different view of things, and one that I'd not try to dissuade you from.

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
mangaman said:
Most people in the entire world like football - can't you have a little tollerance of a few flags for a few weeks - it'll pass and you can go back to you're flag-free lives without anyone being hurt.

Aye, we DO like football..LOVE it in some cases but the flag flying ONLY comes out (in most cases) for the duration of England's involvement in the World Cup. And again, I don't mind the flags too much but I HATE the defacement of it by putting on the word England or in some cases, the word England on a BLUE BACKGROUND!!! WTF's that all about? But what's even worse are the hijacking bandits who stick THEIR logo on MY national flag. Why don't they just fork cough?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
PaulB said:
Aye, we DO like football..LOVE it in some cases but the flag flying ONLY comes out (in most cases) for the duration of England's involvement in the World Cup. And again, I don't mind the flags too much but I HATE the defacement of it by putting on the word England or in some cases, the word England on a BLUE BACKGROUND!!! WTF's that all about? But what's even worse are the hijacking bandits who stick THEIR logo on MY national flag. Why don't they just fork cough?

Quite right, Paul - a treasonable offence in my opinion. Some of you slackers aren't treating this matter with due seriousness with your liberal tolerance. Get a grip, lose grip, get angry, heads must roll...:angry:

Mark_Robson

Andy in Sig said:

a. Red nose day just seems like an annual excuse for Tracy and Kylie from Accounts to be a complete pain in the arse as they go round pestering everybody with their collection bucket.

b. Xmas lights, as in an American style chav-fest all over the front of the house ... well banning's too good. The owners should be shot, the bodies made homeless and the house given to somebody with taste.

c. Kids dressed as vampires: more US-style bollocks on Halloween which we could do without.
:angry: Pure class!!!! :ohmy:

Mark_Robson

PaulB said:
Paul do you get upset if someone puts the milk in after the water? :angry: :ohmy:

g00se

Veteran
Andy in Sig said:

Nah - it's when Tracy and Kylie adorn their back-to-back desks with glitter, helium balloons and wear the red afro wigs because it's all such a laugh and cheers everybody up!

Bad morning eh?!?!?!..... hmmmfff :angry:

Went into the local co-op this morning. They're selling three-lion themed bags of salad! As if that's going to appeal to the demographic!?!?!?!

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Well I thought that maybe a medaeval approach of the bodies being on display for a while might get the message across about Christmas lights. And it would be in winter, so they should last a while.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
g00se said:
Went into the local co-op this morning. They're selling three-lion themed bags of salad! As if that's going to appeal to the demographic!?!?!?!

And when was the last time anybody saw a vegetarian lion? It's enough to make you weep.

Top Bottom