Definition of a century ride?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
[QUOTE 1981661, member: 9609"]Total distance covered on a bike can only be calculated on roads cycled for the first time. IE if you have been on that road before, then it simply does not count.
Since taking up cycling 4 years ago I have only covered 2764miles SEE LINK, the 9238 miles shown on the cycle computer clearly indicate 6474 miles of repeating myself and not proper cycling :sad:[/quote]
What has Internet Explorer got to do with it.:whistle:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
what about if you stopped overnight on the Greenwich meridian..?
If you hopped into bed there......sorry mate....:thumbsdown:

OP
OP
sittingbull

sittingbull

Veteran
Well I've been considering riding a continuous 100 all week. So on Saturday afternoon I got on the bike, rode 102 miles, then got off :smile:

It's a long time since my last century and then I stopped at 60 and 80 miles for food. That one seemed much harder and I remember the effort getting going after the stops, particularly after 80 miles (perhaps I stopped for too long and the tiredness set in).

I knew this one wasn't going to be easy but I set a steady pace for as long as possible but inevitably tired around the 80 mile mark. This latest 100 was much quicker than the previous one's riding time ^_^

yello

It's all a bit of a nonsense really because crows don't fly in straight lines. Crows piss about, take all manner of deviations, stop off at their mum's, etc. So 100 miles 'as the crow flies' could be 100 yards down the road.

Top Bottom