Definition of "active member"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I just saw a post that bore all the hallmarks of a new CC user, but apparently he's an active member.

@User pointed out it was only his second ever posting.

Screen Shot 2017-05-31 at 08.47.42.jpg

Perhaps we should modify the criterium for active to be a little more than 2 visits in 4 years?

So what - there are probably loads of people that visit that don't post often - and whats in a name anyway? - pretentious moi

So "active members" are fair game for a bit of a lashing? I try to always give people leaway - its called respect :rolleyes:

:laugh:
Seriously? If someone says something really stupid as their first posting, I don't want to frighten them away. If someone has been here for months and says something really stupid, I will call them on it. Either way, I will do it with respect.

Do you really do anything different?

I will call them on it

Anyway - are you not a bit of a relative newcomer to be throwing your weight around

Do you really do anything different?

yup - if I cant post something either, neutral, positive or constructive then I don't post - I'm only human so I have lapses (like now) but it seems to me that some make a career out "calling out" people

Anyway - are you not a bit of a relative newcomer to be throwing your weight around

yup - if I cant post something either, neutral, positive or constructive then I don't post - I'm only human so I have lapses (like now) but it seems to me that some make a career out "calling out" people
I think I am mostly constructive ... though I just called someone an idiot, so not always :sad: ... but if I joined a forum, and my first post attracted a dozen "constructive" posts explaining all the ways I were wrong, I might just chose to slink off and and find another place to share my views. I had that happen to me after I'd been here a few months, and I stuck around.

(Edited to change from 2nd to 1st person)

It's pretty simple isn't it. You click on their profile and see when they joined and how many posts they've made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom