Definition of "active member"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
They are frivolous titles, based on equally frivolous totals of trophy points, for a bit of fun and silliness ^_^:

0 - New Member
50 - Member
100 - Regular
250 - Active Member
500 - Well-Known Member
750 - Senior Member
1000 - Über Member
1500 - Veteran
2000 - Guru
2600 - Legendary Member
3800 - Forum GOD!

When I moved CycleChat to the new Xenforo forum software I wanted to change the previous decade's focus on post count as the primary marker of an informed and knowledgeable member, so I removed post counts from view and did away with post counts as a user title escalator - because people can visit often, post occasionally or rarely, but post gems of info and experience that are really helpful to lots of people.

It's simple enough to click on a username to see the info, and now that you know the titles are a bit of meaningless fun you can treat them as such.

Of course if you feel mislead or cheated by them, other, more serious cycling forums are available (that's a joke BTW - you know, just in case you'd thought I was being serious ... :giggle:).

In truth I never put much thought into it, just threw them up and they've been there ever since; besides, members who've been here a while can add a custom title now so it's easy enough to swap them for something more fun, witty, obscure or inventive. :okay:

Cheers,
Shaun

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
. Being attacked by a dozen smug members

Which happens time and time again.

All because the poster has the temerity to articulate a different view.

What makes it worse is that those who gang up are very keen to preach tolerance when it suits, but in reality they are intolerant cyber bullies.

None of which does anything to persuade those who post infrequently to post more, or to encourage new members to join and participate.

Both of which the forum needs to survive, let alone flourish.

Some people get savaged on this forum for saying the wrong thing. I could easily see some new members not coming back.
Yep. I've seen one or two do exactly that.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
As someone who has had the temerity to disagree with you in the past, I resent your passive aggressive bullying here. If a number of people disagree with you, it is because a number of people disagree with you, and wish to say so. You might choose to see that as a gang of people, when it is no such thing, because that gives you something you can see as a reason why you are not able to persuade those who disagree with you by the force of your argument.

I refer to other members, not me.

Being savaged by the dead sheep on here doesn't bother me, but some people who get that treatment don't like it.

You are fooling yourself if you cannot see the ganging up which happens on a regular basis, and others have remarked on it.

My view is it reflects very poorly on those who do the ganging up.

But you might disagree with that as well.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
As someone who has had the temerity to disagree with you in the past, I resent your passive aggressive bullying here. If a number of people disagree with you, it is because a number of people disagree with you, and wish to say so. You might choose to see that as a gang of people, when it is no such thing, because that gives you something you can see as a reason why you are not able to persuade those who disagree with you by the force of your argument.
Dear old Adrian. If we didn't have him we'd have to invent someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom