Definition of "active member"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Must say I do like the Xenforo software @Shaun .
Me too, I think that's why I like reading CC, the interface suits me.
Time and time again, on a search for something bike related, Bike Radar had answers when CC had none, but I would not join BR simply because I find the lay out not so easy on the eyes.

classic33

Leg End Member
Jeez - it's a simple cycling forum (quite a nice forum too) but life's too short to fret about member classification.

The statuses/trophies etc are just a bit of light hearted amusement surely?
Or do some members get their rocks off when they get a new 'award'?
If you look at it from someone who's just joined, could they be an incentive to stay and post.

More available for newer posters, those here longer possibly don't bother with them.

Last edited:

winjim

Smash the cistern
Thanks Shaun.

Right. So what I saw is actually a bug.

Cool.

(and the way people have impugned my motives in this thread or told me things it was obvious from the screen grab in the OP that I already knew, makes me feel even more justified in asking the question. I hope the same people wouldn't pile on a newbie who asked about trophy points or member status. )
It's not really a bug though is it? It's just that you get a few trophy points now and again for being a member for a certain length of time. Enough over five years to rack it up to "active member" without even having to post a single thing.

It's not really a bug though is it? It's just that you get a few trophy points now and again for being a member for a certain length of time. Enough over five years to rack it up to "active member" without even having to post a single thing.
You're right. I misread the what Shaun wrote. I thought the numbers were numbers of posts, not "trophy points" which are completely opaque to me. I have literally no idea what 250 trophy points means.

** he won't actually be notified

winjim

Smash the cistern
@Shaun** can you explain trophy points now?

(wanted to edit the above post, but @Shaun wouldn't get notified if I did that).
You can see what trophies and points people have via their profile pages. I guess the boss will have a comprehensive list somewhere.

classic33

Leg End Member
@Shaun** can you explain trophy points now?

(wanted to edit the above post, but @Shaun wouldn't get notified if I did that).
points.jpg or via Help in the bottom righthand corner
help.jpg

Not on my own, but if I joined bike forum like this and said "only an idiot would cycle without a helmet", that would probably be my last post. Being attacked by a dozen smug members would make me find somewhere else to go.

Not everyone is like me, but I think it's nice to make new members feel welcome until they get the hang of things.
Oh, here's an example

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/n...z-lack-of-lights-your-opinions-please.219176/

(not a newbie, but still, piling on ensues)

Edit: Not a newbie, but apparently driven away from this site in 15 posts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom