degla meet up?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I have been once and don't recall it being too technical. As with most MTB'ing it is in speed where the danger lies (and ironically, where the fun and excitement can be found) :thumbsup:

I have been once and don't recall it being too technical. As with most MTB'ing it is in speed where the danger lies (and ironically, where the fun and excitement can be found) :thumbsup:
I'm slightly paralysed so tend to be careful... except where wheel-eater holes are full of leaves on a fast decent and you can't see them :whistle:. that was what got me this time around... (the slight paralysis and the dog bite on the same side just add to the fun) I just don't have that much confidence having come off twice this year - once trying something 'new' cracking 3 ribs & smashing my helmet into 5 pieces and then once I could have only avoided if I wasn't out cycling... but I did manage the decent in Bakewell (?) down passed the Golf course back in Feb that @Cubist threw at me (other than walking the same section he did!), so hopefully I will be OK. Hence why he will know if I can handle it - I've not got worse since then and have one or two new skills (other than coming off the bike :whistle:) since we last cycled together...

OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
I'm slightly paralysed so tend to be careful... except where wheel-eater holes are full of leaves on a fast decent and you can't see them :whistle:. that was what got me this time around... (the slight paralysis and the dog bite on the same side just add to the fun) I just don't have that much confidence having come off twice this year - once trying something 'new' cracking 3 ribs & smashing my helmet into 5 pieces and then once I could have only avoided if I wasn't out cycling... but I did manage the decent in Bakewell (?) down passed the Golf course back in Feb that @Cubist threw at me (other than walking the same section he did!), so hopefully I will be OK. Hence why he will know if I can handle it - I've not got worse since then and have one or two new skills (other than coming off the bike :whistle:) since we last cycled together...

That's one or two more than me!

That's one or two more than me!
I paid to go on a 2 day mtb course back in March.... needed to sort some 'basics' out so I thought, however I'm not sure 3 foot high jumps came as basics but there we go! seemed I knew more than I had realised (many years commuting cross country in the dark dodging fallen trees/debris and the likes seems to have done wonders for my learning curve!) and as usual it is just a case of terminology rather than practice now my ribs have healed...:whistle: (I failed to stop the bike successfully after landing the jump without issue, loosing the rear end on sleaty/snowy grass and found a protruding rock hence the broken ribs...:B)).

Cubist

Still wavin'
I remember that descent. There was indeed a deeply rutted section where I stuttered/ ground to a halt and couldn't get going again! I also remember getting to the bottom and being glad I was still in one piece when Stuart rocks up behind me, having ridden it all with no front brake pad or rim.

You'll be fine. 'Degla red is a great confidence booster, with berms, small drops (nothing more than yer average doorstep) a few rollable jumps and a bit of woodwork. It has some steep chutes and switchbacks, but you can compare the intensity of those with Philips Park, only more drawn out, and you rode that well.

If you've planning on Jan 26thyou'd better have a plan B

Saw my first snow up there on Thursday morning, hardly enough to close the trails though.
11450533775_be12578ae4_c.jpg

But this happens in winter/spring and the trails completely close
7048225967_4e52e95678_c.jpg

OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
I've gone through cracked ribs this summer too, don't half slow you down.

So is this run still deffo on?

As far as I'm concerned, yes it is.

longers

Legendary Member
I've been meaning to say this for a while but:-

Great bikes you've got there @JohnClimber, they look like a lot of fun.

I googled the Jones. Interesting!

Top Bottom