Deliveroo Pricing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
There is a local (1.5 miles) Posh Chippy from which we want a take away tonight.

Options:

Direct order and collect:
direct order for pick up.PNG

or Deliveroo, order through their site:

Deliveroo.PNG

Same order eat in the restaurant (when open) £25.95

Deliveroo looks to me like a complete rip off!

vickster

Legendary Member
Ouch, just go collect in car, probably be hotter when you get it back than Deliveroo

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I am quite friendly with my local curry house.
they are members of just eat. The commission they pay to just eat means they make considerably less if you order via their site which is why the prices are higher.

OP
OP
P

PK99

Legendary Member
Ouch, just go collect in car, probably be hotter when you get it back than Deliveroo

That's the plan. But one of us has to miss out on early evening drinks.

I've no problem paying a reasonable delivery charge, but disguising charges as they clearly are is naughty.

We normally avoid services like deliveroo, preferring direct order and collect. Ditto, booking hotel rooms, use a booking site to ID hotels but phone or web site direct to cut out the middle man.

vickster

Legendary Member
That's the plan. But one of us has to miss out on early evening drinks.

I've no problem paying a reasonable delivery charge, but disguising charges as they clearly are is naughty.

We normally avoid services like deliveroo, preferring direct order and collect. Ditto, booking hotel rooms, use a booking site to ID hotels but phone or web site direct to cut out the middle man.
Eat earlier or hold off the booze?
Which chippy is it as open ones around here seem in short supply!

OP
OP
P

PK99

Legendary Member
Eat earlier or hold off the booze?
Which chippy is it as open ones around here seem in short supply!

Vintage Fish
Leopold Road
Wimbledon

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I do phone my local curry house and pizza restaurant direct to deliver , it saves me money and also saves them paying the dividend to just eat/deliveroo/uber eats etc.
They do seem genuinely pleased to do the order directly.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
So much of our economy is middle men (and women). Deliveroo, Trivago, Compare the Market, car dealer franchises... this is just a recent manifestation.
Some markets are tricky to enter such as commercial insurance or foreign holidays and a middleman is needed. But I don’t need a middleman to help navigate the tricky waters of my local chippy.

Top Bottom