Deliveroo Pricing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
Is that a Mitchelin star chippy ! Ring a cab to pick it up.

stephec

Legendary Member
As another tight northerner I've also got to say, 'how much?'

And I thought it was just beer and house prices, where's markymark when you need him?

You have food from restaurants and delivery services count yourself lucky. If we want a pint of milk it’s 7 or 10 mile drive and a long queue

PaulSB

Legendary Member
There is a local (1.5 miles) Posh Chippy from which we want a take away tonight.

Options:

Direct order and collect:
View attachment 516090

or Deliveroo, order through their site:

View attachment 516091

Same order eat in the restaurant (when open) £25.95

Deliveroo looks to me like a complete rip off!
My view would be this. You're prepared to pay what I would consider at least double the rate for fish and chips. You would prefer not to spend say 20 minutes of your time collecting the meal so you can fit in an extra drink. Your journey is non-essential. You would like the convenience of delivery but do not want to pay the rate**.

**If Deliveroo paid their drivers/cyclists the minimum wage and offered job security the charge would in my view be entirely reasonable.

While I don't agree with and wouldn't support a company such as Deliveroo, modern slavery, one has to acknowledge it does potentially increase sales for the chippy. In these troubled times this must be positive.

The problem here is at best 50/50 and that you will be making/have made a non-essential journey tips the balance.

Last edited:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Is exactly what I did last night. Fish and chip tea collected by bike and the normal price paid.😀
And I'll wager that didn't cost you 24 smackers.
Where do they get those prices? Amazing!! I thought ours was expensive @ £6.00.
@Dirk Will have a fit reading that as he pays about £7.00 for 2 in the pub (and it always looks good)

Top Bottom