Deliveroo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
My eldest Daughter is at Bath University and has applied. Not sure I fancy her doing it but what can you do she is 20.. Of course I could recall my Boardman CX ^_^

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
We live in Hammersmith and there are lots of Deliveroo people on the roads here. The cyclists seem pretty relaxed but the people on mopeds seem gripped by a terrible mania. Utterly mental. I've always wondered how comfortable it is to wear a box the size of a small trunk on your back. Does anybody know? The poor bike riders look like pack animals.

apetri92

I'm sure you've seen these guys and girls cycling around cities. I've often wondered how it works and how people get into it. To me it seems like a great way to earn a few quid whilst on the bike but not all is rosey according to this one particular 'independent consultant' from Dublin. She admits regularly breaking red lights and riding up one way streets the wrong way.

Interestingly, when she fell off her bike and rang the office to report she'd be late, the first thing they did was ask if the food was okay.

http://www.independent.ie/life/dubl...-asked-was-if-the-food-was-okay-35090382.html

Has anyone used Deliveroo, worked for them or had any other experiences?

Hi there,

I`ve just started working an really enjoying it.
You also can get extra cash - 50 pounds after the 20. delivery -

You also get free kits (jacket, helmet, etc) as part of a campaign now in the next few weeks.

You can earn extra great money with outstanding hourly wages. I only can recommend! If you have questions don't hesitate to contact me.

Best regards

Mod Note:
Edited to remove self referral link.

Last edited by a moderator:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I`ve just started working an really enjoying it.
Just started :rolleyes: - can you set a reminder in your calendar to return in a few months and say if it's still enjoyable?

You also get free kits (jacket, helmet, etc) as part of a campaign now in the next few weeks.
Magic coats and hats? :headshake: Do they do anything more likely to improve safety?

(edited to fix punctuation a bit)

Last edited:

bianchi1

Guru
On the flip side these delivery business are a right pain for a lot of people working in the restaurants. Deliveroo take 35 % of the meal cost and take no risk. A friend of mine has more problems with deliveroo complaints than any other. Cold meals, smashed meals etc. People come back to the restaurant for refunds.

It may seem strange but serving takeaway food is much more time consuming than plated meals. If you don't believe me, next time you make a meal, before you eat it, put it in a box, label it, put the box in a bag and find somewhere warm to put it for 10 minutes. Surround with similar bags then try and identify it at a set time while cooking 50 other meals!

Bosses are unlikely to add extra staff or equitment as they are not making any cash on the business. Regular customers that may come in for a meal and a glass or 2 of wine will choose to stay in, get the same food and buy cheeper wine from aldi.

We had deliveroo come to our restaurant to speak to the boss..the message and documents were quickly "lost" by the manager and staff.

apetri92

Sure, I get back to update you. ? It`s flexible and so on.

Sure Deliveroo takes its part but for you it`s a good business as a rider.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom