Depression. It's back.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
tentonhammer said:
Hang in there mate. I have suffered with this off and on in the recent past and it is an awful place to be. Exercise is a great help as you know, the problem might be finding the will to go out and do it. Luckily for me at the minute I can feel depression or negativity looming and can deal with it. Its hard to keep positive sometimes and we all have different things to deal with but my thoughts are with you.

Nice to see you around TTH, hope all is well with you and yours.

Noodley

tentonhammer said:
Hang in there mate.

Bloody hell, TTH! :laugh: Where did you pop up from? :sad:
Good to see you here.

And all the best 20. Hang in there. :sad::laugh:

trio25

Über Member
So glad you can see what is happening 20", hopefully that'll allow you to get the support you need and stop things getting too bad. Stick around here as well, people are really helpful.

OP
OP
T
Feeling better this morning after cycling to work in the rain and having a shower, then there was no milk in the canteen and no hot water in the kitchen and I nearly burst out crying! Then I got some perspective and got it back again.

Thanks for all your kind words, it'll be alright. Relieved I know what it is and OH is also relieved that all the negativity and sullenness of the last few weeks hasn't been entirely her fault - she thought our marriage was on the rocks. So did I actually.

Thanks again.

Moonlight

Good to hear things brightening up!

When I get it, I go for a fast cycle to the beach and hope there is a storm. A good storm helps the tears come, and then hopefully your done.

trio25

Über Member
Twenty Inch said:
Feeling better this morning after cycling to work in the rain and having a shower, then there was no milk in the canteen and no hot water in the kitchen and I nearly burst out crying! Then I got some perspective and got it back again.

I know that feeling! the good thing about cycling in the rain is noone can see if you cry and then you get it out of your system.

Noodley

trio25 said:
...the good thing about cycling in the rain is noone can see if you cry...

No, the good thing for you about cycling in the rain is that I can guarantee I'll be cycling in worse rain :eek:

OP
OP
T
Update -

Things are heaps better. I was obviously well on the upswing before I realised what was happening. On reflection, it's been going on for well over a month. Found myself whistling and bouncing around yesterday afternoon.

I'd like to thank everyone who contacted me on- and off- board. I really appreciate it and people's honesty in sharing their experience. It made a huge difference. This forum at its best.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Twenty Inch said:
then there was no milk in the canteen and no hot water in the kitchen and I nearly burst out crying!

Glad you are feeling on the up....

May I add some humor....... no milk and no hot water in the morning is enough to crack most of us....glad you came through that...major disaster ! :smile:

wafflycat

Depression is a PITA to deal with. It's one of those things that sneaks up from behind and before you know it, it's got you by the throat pulling a body down into the mire. It's a real illness made worse by the fact there's no obvious wound with blood pouring out, so folk often don't understand or want to know and don't make allowances for someone being ill that they would in the same way if someone had a broken bone. Take it a day at a time, an hour at a time.

wafflycat said:
Depression is a PITA to deal with. It's one of those things that sneaks up from behind and before you know it, it's got you by the throat pulling a body down into the mire. It's a real illness made worse by the fact there's no obvious wound with blood pouring out, so folk often don't understand or want to know and don't make allowances for someone being ill that they would in the same way if someone had a broken bone. Take it a day at a time, an hour at a time.

i wish everyone was so understanding.

postman

Legendary Member
Great news.Keep your chin up.And that goes for the rest of you aswell.I hit the shoot around 86-87 during my divorce.And the kind words i was given by my work mates gave me hope.Someone on here will always respond with a kind word or two.Don't keep it to yourself give us a share,that way we can help in a small way.

I've had three run-ins with the black dog in my time, the last was the "easiest" in inverted commas as I knew by then what it was and why, but it is never easy. Among other things I get ferocious insomnia, go off eating and generally lose interest.

It's not something I ever felt able to talk to people at work about, as it is generally misunderstood or seen as a weakness. Although I'm fine now, as others have said it is helpful to know that other people have this as well, and that it can and will get better.

Take care guys.

Top Bottom