Descent through the traffic in Mexico City

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Thirteen minutes long but I defy you to take your eyes off it...
I watched a few minutes of it but wincing at mad cyclists isn't really my thing ...

How are these guys not dead? :ohmy:
Give them time ... they soon will be! :thumbsdown:

Keith Oates

Janner
Can't watch the video out here but having been to Mexico City a few times I can imagine the content and yes they are 'crazy'. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Do they think they are immortal? They will soon found out the answer to that.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
The next time you read about a cycling fatality, dont jump to the conclusion it is all the motorists fault. Wait until the investigation is over. As you can see on here, some cyclists are just a fatality waiting to happen. I cant see how they enjoy this.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
The guy filming is a better rider, he has to follow that Lucas chap through ever closing gaps to fulfill his ego.

Both as daft as each other.

Certainly have some skills though, although it pains me to admit that.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
[QUOTE 3523489, member: 9609"]Oh I can, that just totally appeals to me. In general I am quite a nervous cyclists, I avoid busy roads, don't take risks with bigger vehicles, even sometimes dismount when I see a string of vehicles coming on a fast road. But what we have in that video is an extreme sport, and as someone who has spent a big portion of my life obsessed with rock and ice climbing I really do see what they are getting out of that, when he sits down at the end of that video that wonderful feeling of exhilaration most be immense.

And yes I do appreciate it is unacceptable behaviour on a pubic road, they are a danger to others, shock horror they could even be giving cyclists a bad name, and they should all be arrested and have their bicycles confiscated and crushed - but something deep down within me inexplicably wants/needs a bit of something like that[/QUOTE]
I have yet to see one of them!^_^

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Were you wagging one finger at the screen as you typed that?

No...No...as far as I am concerned people can choose their own way to die if they want. In fact its a good idea.

But when you fall off a rock face it is usually your mistake and blame doesnt usually get apportioned to everyone else.

But quite often on cycling sites as soon as Rider down appears, it is the car or trucks fault, without knowing any of the details.. But clips like this and many on Youtube do show that there are also some Real dickhxxds in cycling as well.

I ride bikes, drive a car and motorbikes and so have an interest in all 3 camps and like to see balanced opinions.

Top Bottom