Descent through the traffic in Mexico City

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Booyaa

Veteran
Tremendous video, makes my old commute in to Glasgow seem ultra rural! Bigger cojones than me that paid and I certainly will not be joining their rides anytime soon!

400bhp

Guru
The next time you read about a cycling fatality, dont jump to the conclusion it is all the motorists fault. Wait until the investigation is over. As you can see on here, some cyclists are just a fatality waiting to happen. I cant see how they enjoy this.

Do you realise how stupid this makes you sound?

Nobody would be stupid enough to equate alleycats with commuting, would they?

Oh:

http://www.bikebiz.com/news/read/bb...-cycling-footage-as-standard-behaviour/014036

Ian Austin MP, co-chair of the All Party Parliamentary Cycling Group, said the BBC's documentary "presents a commercially-produced film of reckless stunt cycling in London as ordinary footage as if it is normal behaviour by everyday cyclists."

The MP said this “about as representative of ordinary cycling in Britain as a James Bond car chase is of ordinary driving.”

carjumpover.JPG

and drivers complain about cyclists!

Shakes head.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I expect you have an example?
I can remember one a while back (and no, I'm not going looking for it) where a cyclist was sadly involved in a fatal collision involving a caravan. The driver was assumed to be the guilty party - until it emerged that the caravan had been stationary following a breakdown, and the cyclist had ridden straight into the back of it.

I can remember one a while back (and no, I'm not going looking for it) where a cyclist was sadly involved in a fatal collision involving a caravan. The driver was assumed to be the guilty party - until it emerged that the caravan had been stationary following a breakdown, and the cyclist had ridden straight into the back of it.
I'll help you out as it was local to me. here. Cyclist was TT. No suggestion he was riding like the video, in if anything it was lack of attention, can't accuse the cyclists in video of that.

As to the video it could have just as easily been here in Rio de Janeiro. Multiple lanes of stationary traffic is just somewhere for the hawkers to wander between the lanes flogging their wares

colly

Re member eR
I can see why they do it, just for the sheer excitement, but I'm a scaredy cat for the most part so it wouldn't be for me.

Top Bottom