Design of Garden and New Outdoor Kitchen area

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Decided to put a design together of my garden and outdoor kitchen area to work off this year.......

1611148293982.png

most of the work is already done during lockdown 1.......but this spring/summer will be a new kitchen area put in place, few more raised veggie beds and the pergola to cover the hot tub

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Got plans this year for building my deck but materials are an issue just now !

Drago

Legendary Member
Thats a big job of work. Lots of pics as it goes please, I like watching DIY projects unfold.

I've been a bit lazy these last few years, but last summer kicked my arriss into gear and strarted a top to bottom revamp of the interior. Thats almost finihsed now, and when the weather improves I too get the pleasure of sorting the back garden. Decking, new wall, conservatoey repairs, new garage roof...going to quite labour and cash intensive, but hopefully I'll have a nice tan when its done.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Thats a big job of work. Lots of pics as it goes please, I like watching DIY projects unfold.

I've been a bit lazy these last few years, but last summer kicked my arriss into gear and strarted a top to bottom revamp of the interior. Thats almost finihsed now, and when the weather improves I too get the pleasure of sorting the back garden. Decking, new wall, conservatoey repairs, new garage roof...going to quite labour and cash intensive, but hopefully I'll have a nice tan when its done.
I would say 90% of what's in those designs have been completed over the past 5 yrs.......there's only 3 things to be done this year

1. Reposition and make bigger the outdoor kitchen
2. Build the pergola with roof over the hot tub
3. Dismantle and rebuild the front of the manporium, with new double glazed window, insulation and cladding......oh and a new door to test my non carpentry skills

but i will be taking pictures and posting as i go along

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Had the timber all priced up, which is around £90, as I’m going to be using all 4”x4” in 1.8mtr lengths...I’ve got a pack of 600x600 ceramic tiles left which I will use to make the work top. polycarbonate roof at 16mm thick in bronze, is around £70

so around £160 for materials which is great.....will start when it starts to warm back up a bit.

also I’m not using the old Gas Bbq, I’m going to get a gas plancha instead and a table top pizza oven

Drago

Legendary Member
What sort of price is decking per M2 these days? That's one of the many outdoor jobs I have ahead of me when the weather improves.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

What sort of price is decking per M2 these days? That's one of the many outdoor jobs I have ahead of me when the weather improves.
Think I paid £6.50 per 2.4mtr length when I did the hot tub deck last spring

OP
OP
J

jowwy

So as I’m not building this kitchen around the bbq this time....I’ve now got prices for my plancha grill @£149.99, my outdoor fridge @£89 and my pizza oven @£229

so i’m happy with all those costs, just need the weather now, so I can make a start

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Plancha grill has now been purchased, it will be a lot better than my old gas bbq and i can pack it away in the winter

1611757741976.png

it has a cooking surface of 77 x 50 x 29 cm, i'm just trying to decide whether to have one long 2mtr work surface or have a drop down in the middle for the plancha and a work area either side........

1611759510939.png

design number 1 is more expensive, as i will need longer 4x4 timbers compared to design 2.........and a more expensive polycarbonate sheet for the roof

Last edited:
Looking good @jowwy. Will be impressive once its complete and a great project for lockdown. Hopefully that ends soon and you can push in with the build. Good luck :okay:

Top Bottom