Devon CC Ride - 14th August!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
May be able to do, will check diary.

After huge and epic amounts of swearing we have a route!

It's on Bikely.com. Hopefully the link above will open straight into the map. If it doesn't work, let me or Baggy know.

About 38 miles in total (ample opportunities for anyone to tack on extra loops if they feel ambitious)
Easy route - mostly flat with a couple of gentle climbs - don't worry, just chug along and enjoy the scenery :smile:
Tea stop at Otterton Mill (20 miles)
Scenic views over Woodbury Common
Nice flat bit along the Exe Estuary Trail
Finish at the Double Locks pub*

* - or the Bridge in Topsham.
...or the Great Western in Exeter.
...or the Turf Locks on the canal.
:bicycle::cheers::thumbsup:

Davidc

Guru
Gentle climbs! You'll get done under the CC rides descriptions act! The elevation profile shows 2 160m high steep mountains on the route! If I stretch my chain I'll sue.

Could be worse. At least we aren't going up Telegraph Hill or Haldon. See you at St Davids station.

Are you collecting phone numbers? If so I'll PM mine.

OP
OP
Baggy

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Gentle climbs! You'll get done under the CC rides descriptions act! The elevation profile shows 2 160m high steep mountains on the route! If I stretch my chain I'll sue.
:biggrin: One of them is indeed 160m...over 7 miles!

Exchanging phone No's is a good idea, so yes, please pm me.

Cool! The pub we're stopping at on the way back has a promotion on at the moment - sign up to their mailing list and have a free pint! I'l, put up with some brewery spam for free beer...:tongue:

Double Locks - website and directions etc. If anyone is coming by car you might well be better off parking at the pub and we'll collect you at 9.30am on our way to the station.

paddy01

Can I just say. DAMN DAMN DAMN!

For some reason my brain had the 14th down as being the Sunday. As it turns out it's the Saturday and I've got to be at a wedding.

Hope everyone has a grand day, I hope it becomes something regular!

sarahpink

great well my traiin gets in at 9.55, think i will be fairly easy to spot dressed in a pink top and pink bar tape
tongue.gif

Top Bottom