Devon CC Ride - 14th August!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
:hello: Have a great day out!
These CC rides are good fun, sadly Devon is a bit too far on the train to join you from sunny Scotland ...

If you are ever "up north", be sure to say hello ... honorary CC Ecosse members are always welcome to join our rides, or just meet up for a drink & chat if you happen to be bike-less.

Don't forget to post some cake here afterwards :laugh:

T

We're all set - just need to decide in the morning whether to bring a bike with mudguards, or a bike without...:whistle:

I just had on look on Met Check and it looks like we might hit a couple of showers, just as well i'l be on a touring bike

Simon

Evening all!
Baggy and I ended up having dinner at the Double Locks with Stew. It's quite possible that we had a few more beers. Ahem...:whistle:

Anyway.... It was a grand day out, punctuated by wasps, a corker of a puncture and the occasional stop to check the map. :blush:

We learnt a few things:
  • Sarahpink climbs hills like a mountain goat
  • Muddyfox has the makings of a splendid Audaxer, even if clipless pedals occasionally baffle him
  • The Exmouth Exodus route looks very different in daylight
  • DavidC is the only person I know with a car alarm on his bike
  • Otterton Mill makes the best scones
  • Wasps like clotted cream
P1010021.jpg

L-R: Frances, DavidC, Ian, Baggy, Chuffy, Simon, Sarah

P1010024.jpg

Baggy fights off the wasps while Stew looks amused

A big thank you to Chuffy and Baggy for organising this ride, it was indeed a lovely day out only spoilt (for me) by having to work in the evening and missing out on a pint (or 2) at the Double Locks which i felt i fully deserved after having a (stationary) clipless moment
icon_redface.gif

A few more pics to add to Chuffy's

Re-group at the top of Woodbury Common

100_0603.jpg

Cycling through the glorious Devon lanes

100_0609.jpg

100_0610.jpg

Sarah Pink said she did'nt know how to fix a puncture so Chuffy being the true gentleman organised one to give a quick roadside lesson

100_0612.jpg

100_0614.jpg

Simon

Davidc

Guru
Not sure yet how to put pictures into the new software - so attached are, in reverse order:

The puncture fairy's weaponry (lousy picture).

The view of Chuffy to which the fairy treated us.

and

Chuffy delares victory over the puncture.

With thanks to Baggy and Chuffy for organising the ride - very enjoyable.

Attachments

• DSCF0005 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0005 (Small).JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCF0003 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0003 (Small).JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 66
  • DSCF0004 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0004 (Small).JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 58

rsvdaz

looks like you all had a really good day!

shame I was travelling back from Italia..when is the next one???

OP
OP
Baggy

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Thanks to everyone for coming along - 'twas a thoroughly enjoyable day out. Just after everyone departed from the pub we realised we forgot to get anyone to sign the jersey :ohmy:. We were so disappointed that we had to drink another pint to console ourselves.

I'm missing my pet wasps :sad:

OP
OP
Baggy

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
looks like you all had a really good day!

shame I was travelling back from Italia..when is the next one???
Early November looks promising for us :thumbsup:

sarahpink

great pictures:smile: ,many thanks for organising the day and finding a flat route in devon, never thought it was possible
tongue.gif
, sad as I am I missed slogging up some hills hope you enjoyed your pints see you again

great pictures:smile: ,many thanks for organising the day and finding a flat route in devon, never thought it was possible
tongue.gif
, sad as I am I missed slogging up some hills hope you enjoyed your pints see you again
We're experts at finding flat routes. :thumbsup:

Mind you, depending on how many people we get for the next ride I might be ambitious and offer two routes (one lumpy, one flat) meeting up at the same tea stop/pub...

lukesdad

The South Wales contigent are organising a Chepstow start in October. Details will be in the South Wales rides thread. Some of you maybe interested :rolleyes: You d be most welcome.

Top Bottom