Devon in November: robjh's autumnal microtour

Discussion in 'Member's Travelogues' started by robjh, 7 Nov 2016.

1. lutonloony

lutonloony Über Member

I just assume there will be hills, the odd steep one just gives you a feeling of acheivement( or is it near death experience ) might even have a go at the 50 chevron challenge next year

2. Thought it was as I have the same bike in the same colour, just awaiting a new set of wheels after being knocked off it a couple of years ago by another cyclist coming the other way on a cycle path!!!

I still have a few other bikes to ride though.

robjh likes this.
  3. Tilley

Tilley Well-Known Member

Unless of course you are around Porlock.

4. Tilley

Tilley Well-Known Member

I rode up Cheddar gorge for the first time on my recumbent during the Tasty Cheddar Audax earlier this year. Although the weather was poor and my progress was slow the view from the recumbent was the best I have ever experienced.

Fab Foodie and robjh like this.
  5. Crackle

Crackle Pah

Nice tour Rob. Tough riding country. I've only done a bit in that area and remember the hills being ceasless, which is rewarding but hard.

robjh likes this.
  6. Ian H

Ian H Guru

They look fine on this laptop.
    I tend to just use my phone for pics on the move. Current phone is 5mp. Partner's one is 13mp. I suppose the lens is the limiting factor.

7. Dave 123

Dave 123 Guru

Which isn't in Devon. It's on the Somerset levels isn't it?

8. Tilley

Tilley Well-Known Member

Ok so it is on the Somerset north Devon border but it definitely isn't on the levels.

9. Dave 123

Dave 123 Guru

I knew that. Only teasing!

10. Tilley

Tilley Well-Known Member

And I rose to the bait.

Dave 123 likes this.
  11. Dave 123

Dave 123 Guru

When we picked the new tandem up in July we went for a short 5 mile ride in and around Ashbrittle which may just be in Devon. Just over 5 miles of extreme hilly!

12. OP
    OP
    robjh

robjh Guru

Yes but you had 4 legs pedalling, so it must have been easier

13. Hill Wimp

Hill Wimp Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.

I spent a lovely week in June this year in Somerset. A couple of the memorable days were spent on the Somerset Levels with @coffeejo where I really got into bird watching. We spent a fab hour in a bird hide with the most amazing view of Glastonbury Tor and a huge selection of our feathered friends. I also cycled around one of the RSPB reserves which was gorgeous .

robjh likes this.
  14. Dave 123

Dave 123 Guru

I wasn't pedalling if I'm honest :whistle:

Crackle and Hill Wimp like this.
  15. Dirk

Dirk Guru

I'm nipping up to Somerset next week with the caravan, from North Devon, to recce the area for a cycling week next Spring. Always wanted to cycle the Somerset levels.:okay:

robjh likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice