Dexy's Midnight Runners were ...

Are Dexy's Midnight Runners

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Alan,

well done and thankyou! I've never heard of Ancient Heart but I shall now order the CD. I heard the song on the car radio and recognised as a sort of background tune which I'd heard many times before but never caught the lyrics, the main thing which sticks being the catchy horns riff. Was it perhaps a hit for somebody who covered it because Ancient Heart rings no bells whatsoever?

Now I realise it was by somebody called Tanita Takiram. Thanks again.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Can I answer 'yes and no' ? 'Geno' I loved , and still do. 'One in ten' and 'the earth dies screaming' I remember as being good. 'Come on Eileen'...well, with all respect to other peoples taste I'd be quite happy never to hear that again.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
The question on the poll should probably be "Do you think Kevin whotsit, the front man of DMR was a bit of a tit?" There would probably be a less even split of the vote then.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Andy in Sig said:
Now I realise it was by somebody called Tanita Takiram. Thanks again.
Tanita Tickleyourbum, as Little and Large once said. Wasn't it done by the Pretenders? Or am I mixing it up? Anyway, looking at tanita's musicians, Helen O'Hara was, of course, a stalwart in Dexys! And Rod Argent went to my secondary school I inherited his school dictionary, doncha know! "Hold your head up" by Argent is a great song! Ooooh, I love musical connections. :smile:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
TheDoctor said:
Can I answer 'yes and no' ? 'Geno' I loved , and still do. 'One in ten' and 'the earth dies screaming' I remember as being good. 'Come on Eileen'...well, with all respect to other peoples taste I'd be quite happy never to hear that again.

Alan H said:
Only because they were not by Dexy and his runners.

*checks google*

oh noes! You're perfectly correct:blush:
In that case, can I change my vote?:smile:

*appalled at notion of liking UB40 songs:ohmy::eek::smile::biggrin::sad:*

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Jaded said:
Cum on Eileen should have been banned.

Oh, is that how it was spelled? That puts a different,ermm, gloss on the song!;)

biking_fox

Guru
Generally I like their stuff. But There;s a couple of tracks where Kevin just goes off on a monlogue for minutes at a time. Not even singing. Really really bad,

Top Bottom