Di2 upgrade build thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montezumeflex

Hi JhnBssll,

I'm sorry for my late reply! I am a new user and assumed I would get an email when you would post a reply. Since I didn't get one I wasn't aware you already replied. Thank you very much for your detailled reply with the pictures!

I'm happy to see you can fit the battery in the seat post. it is quite weird that the Bianchi technical documents don't specifically say the seat post is Di2 compatible. The aria one is a little bit different (the Oltre is smaller/more aero) but since yours fits im sure it will work on the aria seat post as well. Very neat trick with the Giant Seat Clamp Cover, im defenatly going to check my local giant store to see if they can get me one. I suppose you did it to weather proof the seat, ill mainly get one since I like the refined look of it!

To bad you had to tap the bottom bracket out. The Aria has quite a big bottom bracket cover, but the tension of the shift cables keep it in place so I can't have a look inside. I guess Ill just have to find out if I'm able to slide it trough there if I get to do the install. It is really to bad that Bianchi doesn't supply more detailled information about their frame and Di2 spare parts needed for the conversion.

How do you like the Di2 so far? Would you recommend the upgrade or was the difference not really worth the hassle in the end?

Regards,

Martijn

Top Bottom